Surefire LX2 Lumamax Replacement

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
I have had a Surefire LX2 Lumamax for a few years and currently I am looking for an additional one to leave in a car. I see that it is no longer made by Surefire and can't find a direct replacement. The EDCL2-T looks similar though. What would you say the direct replacement for the LX2 Lumamax is?

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
I have had a Surefire LX2 Lumamax for a few years and currently I am looking for an additional one to leave in a car. I see that it is no longer made by Surefire and can't find a direct replacement. The EDCL2-T looks similar though. What would you say the direct replacement for the LX2 Lumamax is?

IMHO.. the next one in line was the EB2T-A-BK(black) or TN(tan) Backup, 5/500 with two level momentary or twist on just like the LX2. It has just a bit wider hot spot. You might be able to find some of those still around. I have both that and my LX2 and love both. Then you are correct.. the EDCL2-T is the next one in line at 5/1200 lumens with the same tail cap operation as the LX2.

The only real main difference of those two vs the LX2 is the lower is 5 lumens instead of 15.

Last edited:

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
IMHO.. the next one in line was the EB2T-A-BK(black) or TN(tan) Backup, 5/500 with two level momentary or twist on just like the LX2. It has just a bit wider hot spot. You might be able to find some of those still around. I have both that and my LX2 and love both. Then you are correct.. the EDCL2-T is the next one in line at 5/1200 lumens with the same tail cap operation as the LX2.

The only real main difference of those two vs the LX2 is the lower is 5 lumens instead of 15.
Thanks, I'll check out the EB2T-A. Did the EDCL2-T replace the EB2T-A?

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
If you replace the LX2 what are you hoping to gain? More lumens? Better tint?
I'm not looking to replace my LX2, but to purchase an additional light. Finding another LX2 has been near impossible and I haven't been able to win an eBay auction so far.

Lumen83

Enlightened

The edcl2-t also has a high of 1200 lumens for 1 hour vs. 200 for 2 hours for the lx2. Runtimes on low are 15 lumens for 47 hours for the lx2 and 5 lumens for 60 hours for the edcl2-t. The edcl2-t is also slightly longer with a slightly larger bezel and knurling on the body and tailcap, wheras the lx2 is smooth.

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
The edcl2-t also has a high of 1200 lumens for 1 hour vs. 200 for 2 hours for the lx2. Runtimes on low are 15 lumens for 47 hours for the lx2 and 5 lumens for 60 hours for the edcl2-t. The edcl2-t is also slightly longer with a slightly larger bezel and knurling on the body and tailcap, wheras the lx2 is smooth.
That's quite a difference going from 200 lumens to 1200 lumens.

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, totally did not think to say that the eb2 was a hair bigger..

44495041002_968dbeba91_b.jpg

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not understand why surefire still has it on their website. "Call to order" I would try it, if I would live in the USA.

https://www.surefire.com/lx2-lumamax.html

I feel you brother. As your neighbor, i have the same problem but luckily one LX2 showed up on ebay few weeks ago BNIP for 90$. Was lucky to grab it.
But i still want that EDCL2-T anyway...

tokaji

Newly Enlightened
Yes, generally, they are insanely expensive, but at the moment the price of the EDCL1-T at them is almost on pair or little bit lower than ebay+Hungarian import taxes. :)

Oh man that shop is 500% more expensive than any in the world. Keep looking, I have found my after 6 months of every day stalking :)))

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
I won an eBay auction for the LX2. I probably overpaid but I know the light works for my needs. I am interested in the EDCL2-T but don't know if the build quality is as good as the LX2 or not.