eBay Bidding Habits? Tryin to get some insight!

What color Everleds do you have?

• Home

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Work

• School

• Morning

• Noon

• Afternoon

• Evening

• Late Night

• Mon - Wed

• Tues - Thurs

• Wed - Fri

• Weekend

• Bid/Auction

• Buy it Now

• When you see the auction

• Midway through the auction

• Right before the auction ends

• Total voters

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Sometimes I put a low bid in if it still has a lot of time. Then it goes to the "items I'm bidding on" page and is easier to keep an eye on it.
Sometimes I put my top bid on it and forget about it till I get an email from EBay.
I don't like reserve auctions. If I am placing something on EBay I set the minimum bid at the least I want to get.

stockwiz

Enlightened
I usually use a sniping service on non dutch auctions, so the time and day the auction end make no difference to me. Unless it's a dutch auction, I always bid with about 5 seconds left in the auction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I do prefer buy it now over the regular auctions and tend to scour them first.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: eBay Bidding Habits? Tryin to get some insigh

Normally I use Buy It Now. I consider this shopping. This month I have bought an NEC 8X +- DVD burner for $116 shipped (new in box) w/Nero 6, a 25 pack spindle 4X DVD+RW (also new) for $36 shipped, and a new 4 port manual KVM switch w/cables for $28.71 shipped.

If I had taken the bus and gone around town to get these, it would have cost 2 to 3 times as much. I wouldn't be able to get a DVD burner locally, cause they cost too much for my budget.

In my case, I start looking through eBay for the item I am interested in, about 6 days before the 3rd of the next month. This is due to my income source (Social Security Disability), and I will watch multiple items of the same type.

If the seller has a good reputation (feedback) and/or I have done business with them before, I am likely to do business with them again, if they have what I happen to be looking for at what I consider to be a reasonable price (has to fit in my non-expenses money for the month).

I don't like bidding on something, unless there is no reasonable alternative. Even when I do bid, I bid the maximum I am willing to pay (minus shipping). If I get outbid, no big deal that way. Willing = what I can afford. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened
Re: eBay Bidding Habits? Tryin to get some insigh

I search for the item then look at it two ways. Ending that day and buy it now sorted by price. If it is available buy it now for less than auctions are ending for I buy it. If no good buy it now I place a bid on a auction ending soon. That way I know quickly if I won or if I lost can use the money elsewhere.