Is this the smallest led light?

JJHitt

Enlightened
Is it really an LED light? The descriptive text isn't that descriptive. What especially has me puzzled are the words:

"its unique E. L. battery/light, gives off a glow 20 times brighter and twice as long-lasting as most other lighted bobbers"

Now if someone really was selling small, cheap EL lights, I'd be excited. But EL isn't 20 times brighter than anything other than a dead firefly.

(I've been hoping for more "Krill" like lights to come on the market.)

paulr

Flashaholic
You know I think that Tag light would benefit from using just one cell instead of two. At the cost of some brightness, the light would be thinner and the battery would last a lot longer. I wish someone would manufacture a light of that type, that attached to a watchband like those tiny watchband compasses. I know that a CPF'er made some nifty homemade ones but that's different than an actual product.

Marked

Enlightened
Its and LED not EL. Don't understand what they mean by E.L. light technology.
It's a wide angle led. Made for a night time fishing to put in a bobber.
Looks like it uses the same battery as this light
http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/microe.htm
just made longer to add the led to it.

Brody

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm... I believe there are magnetic flashing led rave lights that may be smaller than that tag light. But they can't be used as a flashlight

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen some belly button, led lights made for girls (and guys?) to wear at raves. Yes they are inserted in the belly button and are about 3/8 inch in diameter.

GregR