Peanut butter grinder

Saaby

Flashaholic
I've always wondered if you could grind other nuts in these. Macadamia butter...mmmmmm

DBrier

Enlightened
I thought you could just use a good food processor.
That is what Alton Brown did on Good Eats when he made cashew butter.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I remember reading somewhere that grinding your own nuts (ouch) was more dangerous than you might think. It had to do with a fungus or some type contaminant that's on peanuts. This is not a problem with peanut butter for some reason.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
This is for use by customers in my store. So the Oster won't work. The health food store we used to go to had one but that was 10+ years ago.
Some people are deathly allergic to peanuts, I believe it is a fungus that occurs on all peanuts, so if you use the same grinder it would contaminate the other nut butter.
Cashew butter is wonderful. I think macademias would be good but a lot of oil.

B@rt

Flashaholic
visor_1_opt.jpg

Peanut butter machine

Something like that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
I'm allergic to Cashews, not Peanuts. This week I had a Macadamia cookie and whoa and behold I had an allergic reaction to it! Found out later the cookie also contained traces of cashews /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

I was glad to find out my unholy love of Macadamias wasn't in danger though :-D

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks B@rt, That is more of a home unit. The machine I'm looking for has a large hopper with a cover, you put a 'deli' container under the spout and hit the switch and in about 30-40 seconds you have 16 oz. of peanut butter. It is warm and quite delicious, even after cooling.
My guess is that the third item here is what I'm looking for. I googled a lot looking for one, found lots of references to them in stores and home units but no websites for manufacturers. Thus I turned to the CPF knowledge base /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW THIS or this
won't work either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I called the company at the link above. They got my email but hadn't responded yet. Took a couple pics and emailed them to me. Looks good. Now they are figuring a shipping quote.
If you visit the North Shore of Lake Superior stop in Beaver Bay for some peanut butter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif In a month or so I'd guess.

Avix

Newly Enlightened
being a diabetic who loves Peanut Butter we had to make our own, Peanut Oil and a Food Processor. works quite well.