RMSK, Inc.        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 464 Naval Brass HDS Pre-Sale

Default Re: 464 Naval Brass HDS Pre-Sale

Being everyone should have been preloaded, things will be a bit different today unless there was less interest. Although we had double the limit as well.

Hope everyone that wanted one, gets one

Checkout took me 48 seconds due to lag from paypal.

Enlightened

Default Re: 464 Navel Brass HDS Pre-Sale

Paypal timestamp 13:00:20 MDT. Rotary, NB40, Brass, Sapphire, 123, Flush, No Clip

Default Re: 464 Navel Brass HDS Pre-Sale

doesn't get much quicker than that, does it

That is quick, I had quite a bit of Paypal lag as well.

Guess we over prepared...Hogo said only 21 have sold so far. That's a bummer. Hopefully the rest will sell out this weekend

If I had the money to blow I’d hop all over it. Naval brass is a very very nice resilient metal. Some leatherworker out in Arizona has been getting most of my play money here the last couple weeks. Haha
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Excuse me, deceased bovine transformation technician.

It's very tempting, but I'm thinking about a clicky with one of the special emitters.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    If I had the money to blow I’d hop all over it. Naval brass is a very very nice resilient metal. Some leatherworker out in Arizona has been getting most of my play money here the last couple weeks. Haha
    You are supposed to get that all done while you wait six months for the lights to get built
    Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    It's very tempting, but I'm thinking about a clicky with one of the special emitters.
    Understandable.
    I was just looking back at the interest thread and pretty much all of them should have been accounted for but it seems interest has changed for some (or schedules interfered). I'm thinking 25-30 bronze and 25-30 brass should have been the amounts chosen. I'm sure it will all work out. I just hope not too many are left, cause that could change any future thoughts for special runs
    Luckily we have a long long break before that happens again

still plenty of time over the weekend for those that do not have time during the day on a Friday

Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    When I heard of a UV emitter that Henry picked for himself I got distracted...you know that has to be fantastic.

Flashaholic*

I had the feeling when I remember the Brass feeler thread that a lot people were interested getting a brass Rotary. Maybe I was wrong? I really hope the brss run is soon sold out. But I think for the next time there will no runs with limited body material.

Hope the "limited emitters" are soon available to the aluminium lights. I'd like to have a NB40 and NB35 rotary.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    When I heard of a UV emitter that Henry picked for himself I got distracted...you know that has to be fantastic.
    I already own a UV light that rarely get used. I am also not sure about a multimode UV light. Might be a nice option though

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    I had the feeling when I remember the Brass feeler thread that a lot people were interested getting a brass Rotary. Maybe I was wrong? I really hope the brss run is soon sold out. But I think for the next time there will no runs with limited body material.

Hope the "limited emitters" are soon available to the aluminium lights. I'd like to have a NB40 and NB35 rotary.
    The question is, how many emitters will actually be left for the aluminum lights? I am glad that leftover emitters will be available to others though

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    The question is, how many emitters will actually be left for the aluminum lights? I am glad that leftover emitters will be available to others though
    I may just keep them all for myself...

I am, of course, kidding.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

I had been so preoccupied with hurricane florence and other stuff, I confess I forgot all about this until just a couple of minutes ago. When I went to the page and saw they were still available, I was so excited.
    Last edited by Sos24; 09-14-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sos24 View Post
    I had been so preoccupied with because of hurricane florence and other stuff, I confess I forgot all about this until just a couple of minutes ago. When I went to the page and saw they were still available, I was so excited.
    Got your order.
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

was is the total now HOGO? 25...

I already own a UV light that rarely get used. I am also not sure about a multimode UV light. Might be a nice option though
    I have to believe a UV emitter hand picked by Henry has to be way better than over the counter stuff. His Nichia 219b 4000K R9050 LED emitter was stellar.

I agree. 4000k r9050 is still one of my 2 current favorites. It's in a tie for 1st place

I don't know much about the uv world, but i think the one i have is of very good quality as well. I guess i might have to buy the hds version and do some comparing

Wonder when they are coming...is this what hds is bringing us for Christmas???

Default 464 Naval Brass HDS Pre-Sale

Ooops, wrong thread...
    Last edited by CRKDMike; 09-14-2018 at 07:09 PM.

I think it would have been better to post in the main thread, not the Brass thread.

I have only owned an HDS since the beginning of last yr...maybe the year before, can't quite remember. knurling has been the same i believe. I will go look, but I think the knurling on my legacy 140 clicky is the same. maybe even smoother but I am not sure of it's life. Looked like new when i got it. I find the knurling to be grippy in one direction and more towards the slippery side the other direction

I think it would have been better to post in the main thread, not the Brass thread.
    Wow, I thought I was in the main thread.....I’m moving it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Got your order.

Great.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Aaaargh....they are still available and I just had to be responsible and pay medical bills when this would have been so much more fun and a much better investment.....

Got your order.
    Brother do you ever get to sleep? I messaged you very very early and here you still are

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyeddiethefirst View Post
    Aaaargh....they are still available and I just had to be responsible and pay medical bills when this would have been so much more fun and a much better investment.....
    paypal has 6 months no interest and credit cards sometimes have offers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    Brother do you ever get to sleep? I messaged you very very early and here you still are
    I'm old. I'll sleep when I'm dead.
    I had to leave HDS and run to the girlfriend's house. There was a drug dealer making one of her kids sick...
    Damn Colorado River Toads. One of her dogs (the mother to my pup Geronimo) decided to go on a trip and licked the toad. Girlfriend rushed the dog (stoned out of it's mind and nearly paralyzed) to the vet while I checked for snakes and whatnot and found the offending toad and made it vacate the property. Dog is ok. Toad has had better days. Just glad it wasn't a rattler or I would be offering some interesting Schnauzer holsters.

When I left, there were still 22 sold leaving 20 available until Monday morning. Not bad. It's hard to say if more bronze and less brass would have been better or not. Either way, I'm pretty sure after all these ship, there will be people who wanted one but couldn't swing it right now, and some folks who simply didn't know the run existed. It's been an interesting year so far for HDS and I think most HDS fans have enjoyed it so far... though their wallets might be complaining...

Oh, and for an extra $10, we will make an invoice for your light with same price you told your wife or girlfriend you paid for it!

Just kidding, but it might not be a bad idea!

Oh, and for an extra $10, we will make an invoice for your light with same price you told your wife or girlfriend you paid for it!

You know...I already own a couple of $50 HDS flashlights. I have it on good authority that Chris Reeve also sells knives in the $40 to $50 range. Paper work never hurt. Just sayin.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

I haven't told the wife how much my lights cost, but not sure she would believe a $40-50 Chris Reeves Sebenza... especially when she knows i don't have cheap taste

She knows i'm crazy and have a bit into lights and what not but we have been together for 17.5 yrs now and has learned my bad habits. Luckily she does not get on me too much anymore.
    As long as I keep her happy, she goes easy on me, lol

Just glad it wasn't a rattler or I would be offering some interesting Schnauzer holsters.
    Ha! Classic!

I'm old. I'll sleep when I'm dead.
    I had to leave HDS and run to the girlfriend's house. There was a drug dealer making one of her kids sick...
    Damn Colorado River Toads. One of her dogs (the mother to my pup Geronimo) decided to go on a trip and licked the toad. Girlfriend rushed the dog (stoned out of it's mind and nearly paralyzed) to the vet while I checked for snakes and whatnot and found the offending toad and made it vacate the property. Dog is ok. Toad has had better days. Just glad it wasn't a rattler or I would be offering some interesting Schnauzer holsters.

When I left, there were still 22 sold leaving 20 available until Monday morning. Not bad. It's hard to say if more bronze and less brass would have been better or not. Either way, I'm pretty sure after all these ship, there will be people who wanted one but couldn't swing it right now, and some folks who simply didn't know the run existed. It's been an interesting year so far for HDS and I think most HDS fans have enjoyed it so far... though their wallets might be complaining...

This is one of the reasons I can’t pull the trigger on the special materials runs. Customs would charge duties and taxes up the arse, based on the stated value/invoice value. If you would consider botching the invoice, please let me know

It would be great to avoid the heartache from both customs and my wife.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast