Drop in going to direct drive

ch4ins4w

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for suggestions. I installed a new driver in a Lumens Factory E-series drop-in and it worked well for a few minutes. I was able to try some of the different mode groups and everything seemed fine. When I was playing with mode selection, it switched to direct drive and I can't get programming back. I know it's not mode locked, because I took the top half of the bezel off and held the drop-in with my fingers and I could access programming again. I checked all my connections and points that need to be insulated, and everything seems fine. I am using an IMR 16650 battery. Thanks for any help or ideas

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Did the volts in the battery drop to low. Below a certain level it might run direct drive

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya that is pretty much the extent of my knowledge on this subject. Lol. Have you tried giving it a good wack?😂😂

ch4ins4w

Newly Enlightened
I figured out the problem. The flat top battery was a little shorter, and the new bezel I got from Lumens Factory must place the tail of the spring just a little higher. All this produced an inconsistent connection that caused problems. When I put the drop-in in a different light, I could access programming mode. I switched batteries in the original light and everything works perfectly now!