Latest 2x aaa lights?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hate to start off on a tangent but LEDs these days are frickin bright! Just grabbed an eagletac t25c2 pro with the cree xhp35 touting 2000 led/ 1600 ansi lumens, with my previous purchase from 4+ years ago (niteye 12). I am truly in awe of how far LEDs have come since the days of old when folks like us were overjoyed to get 100 lumens out of the 18650 form factor.

Anyway enough with the nostalgia already sorry, what are the latest offerings in the 2xaaa form factor? I know 2xaaa isn't a popular configuration but are there really no 2xaaa lights being made with high performance emitters? I can't seem to find any lights using xmls, mostly xpgs or nichia 219s with the latest offerings advertising mid 200 lumens. Is there no brand willing to throw an xhp or equivalent emitter in a 2x aaa light? It is such an unassuming form factor and if there is no brand making 2x aaa screamers then I'd have no choice but to speak with a modder...

pc_light

Enlightened
According to the Acebeam UC15 literature, the UC15 takes 2xAAA in parallel, has an XP-L emitter and while it "only" does 250 lumens with ordinary cells, it's capable of running 10440 cells which push output to 1000 lumens!

Which actually highlights the reason there aren't more 2xAAA monster lights, the battery capacity of an ordinary AAA cell just isn't capable of supporting prolonged output at high levels.

250 lumens from an AAA is pretty miraculous to me. I remember when we marvelled at 30-40 lumens from a AAA led.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lumintop IYP365 and the Nitecore MT06MD are the two latest 2xAAA lights that I am familiar with. Nitecore also made the MT06 which was only a two mode light. There are others out there. Streamlight has the Stylus Pro as well as a couple of others, and I know Nitecore has other lights as well.

As pc_light has stated, the AAA form factor just ain't go it when talking about high power loads. As he stated, some 2xAAA lights will also take 10440 cells for a much increased power output. Just be aware. There are some 2xAAA lights only where users have stated they work with 10440 cells. You can experiment as you wish, but you do run the risk of shortening the life of the electronics and/or LED, or immediately letting the Magic Blue Smoke out.