Inova T1 or T3 or none of them?

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
I was trying to choose. Based on later threads I am more confused than determined now. T1 is 1 W, and works on 1CR123. I already have Arc 4+ which is the same kind of thing, but over an inch shorter. And optics are much better. Plues all the modes. Not that I use all of them, but 2-3 for sure.
As of T3, it's almost 6 inch long. 2 cells. IMHO there days doesn't make sense to get 1W flashlight with 2 cells unless you're looking for long runtimes. for 2 CR123 cells 3 watter will do fine. Besides that thing (t3) looks like a small button to me. However looks like it's very focused beam, no spill? Did anyone manage to handle T3? Is it totally useless as small flood light?

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I actually prefer the longer body of a 2 CR123 cell flashlight over the stubby body of the Arc. I'm not saying that the Arc isn't a superior grade flashlight, it's just a matter of personal preferance in ergonomics. It's why I'm carrying my Streamlight TL-2 LED today. In the last thread it was suggested that the T1 is like a bigger version of the X1, however, I'll have to see beamshots to really see what the T1 is like. I've never been disappointed with the quality of Inova lights and the prices on these new models make them all the more attractive. Even though it's not a Luxeon LED flashlight, the Inova X5 is still one of my favorite lights to carry and use and I'm sure I'll find a use for these new models.

symes

Enlightened
I have a tonne of Surefires and an Arc, but there is something truly wonderful about holding an X5 in your hand even though it isn't the brightest or longest lasting. It's just so beautifully made. AND ergonomically it just feels right - AND IT DOESN'T HAVE A CLIP ON THE SIDE OF THE BEZEL LIKE THE ARC 4+....sorry, calmed down now - well really...

I have 3 black X5s, one in each vehicle glovebox. I think they are the perfect light for that type of application - 2xlithium 123s and good starting brightness and long run-time to dim - one that I tested ran 82.5 hours until the light was only useful for reading your watch. Prior to that it could still navigate you down the hall or look for things by the roadside at night etc...the first 12 hours or so were really quite bright indeed. Awesome lights I love them. I don't duty carry one because it's too bright for my low level needs and too weak a throw for my high level needs (hence my SF L1+Tigerlight FBOP with SF M6 as 'backup').

Interested to see just how good the new ones are...the T3 interests me the most.

The rechargeable Inova (T4?) I doubt I will use because I don't like rechargeables that you have to take the batteries out of to recharge - all takes too long. Plus, if it's not in daily use, you'll never know whether it's charged enough when you want it...

Enjoy the Inovas, even though I prefered the smoother black finish (and I chose black for my white LEDs so that I don't mistake it with my silver X5 - UV "fluidhunter" and end up blinding someone!), I'm sure that the new non-slip grip will work well.

I noticed that Inova hasn't launched a T5 as part of this series and so I wonder whether one is in the wings - maybe like an X5 but with 5x1W 3x123 and high/low clickable settings (4 white LED and one low output red?)?.....now, that would be cool...and all the technology is already there on the 24/7.... Mmmmmm....probably could even launch it before the SF U2 made production ...

Oh and while they're at it how about a 3-5x5W head, M6 size with 3x3 123s in a triangular formation like 3 lengthened X5s tied together to give a good long run-time. Could we get 0.5-200ish lumens?.... OK, I'll stop.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
A cpf'er at the shot show handled them and they appear to use the same bad optic the X1 does resulting in a small spot with no side spill. To me that's useless. I would defenitely wait for the review on these.

CUTiger3

Newly Enlightened
The quality of Inova lights, and price-point on these new models make them very attractive. I currently have both the X5 and X1, and the T1 looks to be next on my list.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw a pic of the T1. It looked great, and I immediately wanted one, but the talk about the optic, and the size kind of killed it for me. Pretty big for a 1x123 light.
Arc Ls 3.1" long
Inova T1 4.6"
------------
SF L4 5.1"
Inova T3 5.9"
They look awesome...just seem awful big.
Specs are listed at TAD. I ASSume they're accurate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif