• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

HORRIBLE ZEBRALIGHT TX CUSTOMER SERVICE On Lost New Order

mountainwalker

Newly Enlightened
Placed an order with Zebralight Texas and it has been an awful experience, with lost package (tracking showed delivered to local USPS with no further updates 10 days ago), terrible responsiveness and bad customer service.

Packages can get lost, errors happen, but it's how businesses deal with these that distinguishes the good from the bad.

Ordered plenty early to receive with a week to spare before a trip in case delivery was a few days late. After tracking showed the package reaching local USPS, tracking disappeared with no further update for the last 10 days. Total of 12 days from order which ZL said would arrive within 3-5 days. I confirmed the address was 100% correct.

Four days ago ZL said they would reship within several more days. 3 days later, instead of reshipping as they said they would, ZL messaged that I should contact the local postal service. I messaged ZL that the local postal service does not answer the phone ever (I tried for days), the local post office can't locate the package with no tracking update for 10 days and the national USPS service number refers you to the local USPS service number that doesn't answer. As the shipper, only ZL has recourse with USPS.

Each time I contacted them regarding the lost package with no tracking ZL didn't respond for 3 days. They failed to reship despite reminders. Any decent business would reship the item and then deal with the shipping company for their lost package.

ZL shipped USPS First Class with tracking - for about $2 more they could have shipped USPS Priority which is much more reliable and includes tracking.

Toons

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for your loss. FWIW I have purchased several lights from them lately with outstanding service. I know doesn't make it better....

From their sight...

Delivery Confirmation
Delivery Confirmation is included with all domestic USA orders (First-Class Mail and Priority Mail). Enter a Delivery Confirmation number into the search box at www.USPS.com to check the status of your package. The Delivery Confirmation is NOT a tracking number. The USPS is not required to update the information for these packages at its facilities. Tracking is available for USPS Express Mail only. USPS may not scan the package until it reaches the local station just before it is delivered. Therefore the packages cannot be tracked with this number, and some packages may shown as delivered when they are en route to the local destination.

Tracking
Tracking is available for orders shipped by USPS Express Mail. Tracking is not included with First-Class or Priority Mail.

When I have had issues like yours they had to be worked out with USPS. I had a 4Sevens warranty return that had to be discussed with my local carrier. After the discussion it magically appeared a day later after showing delivered for three days. In other words it wasn't 4Sevens fault.
Good luck.

markr6

Flashaholic
ZL shipped USPS First Class with tracking - for about $2 more they could have shipped USPS Priority which is much more reliable and includes tracking.

Not in my experience. They get delayed and bumped all over the US on several occasions for me. I have no idea why. Maybe it's the size of the box? I have no idea, but blame USPS each time. So I think I'm done spending the extra money for priority when they usually get messed up either way.

It always chaps my derrière when a seller tells me I need to contact the local post office. I inform the seller that I am their customer and they are the customer of the USPS. In other words, the problem is with you and your service provider. You call them, and good luck with that. :sigh:

~ Chance