Acebeam        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32

Thread: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

  1. #1

    Default TN42vn90 V2 :-)




    • CFT-90 LED + 30A Buck Driver
      Lumen: 5500
      Intensity: 1.2mcd
      Throw: 2190
    • Flawless beam
    • Must run at least 4 VTC5A Button Tops
    • If you want longer turbo run-time but less peak performance let me know so I can turn down boost :-). Peek intensity will drop about 25%. 5

    $625

















    EXPOSURE STEPPED DOWN



    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 10-02-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  2. #2

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Wow 2192m throw looks gd

  3. #3
    Flashaholic* Newlumen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,379

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    My most favorite light just got better!


    5500 Lumen
    1.2Mcd
    2191m Throw

    Still more tweaking to go :-)
    wait three or four more weeks, it will be 1.5 mcd.

  4. #4

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    I was almost going to get the BLF GTvn but I put the idea on pause to hold out for this. Looks like the wait is worth it.
    Last edited by Steeldog; 09-21-2018 at 07:38 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeldog View Post
    I was almost going to get the BLF GTvn but I put the idea on hold to hold out for this. Looks like the wait is worth it.
    Indeed the wait is v worthwhile.

  6. #6

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    I cant tweak this light until I get back on Monday. I will be away for a short trip. I will bring it on my trip and hopefully grab some fun beam shots.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  7. #7

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I cant tweak this light until I get back on Monday. I will be away for a short trip. I will bring it on my trip and hopefully grab some fun beam shots.
    Pls update us with beam shots.
    Enjoy your trip vinh

  8. #8
    Flashaholic* luxxlightsaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SanDiego best city in the world
    Posts
    665

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    How much too upgrade my vnx2 version?

  9. #9

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by luxxlightsaber View Post
    How much too upgrade my vnx2 version?
    Still more testings. Hang tight
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  10. #10

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  11. #11

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Exposure Stepped Down

    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  12. #12

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Both amazing in their own ways but you already know which one I prefer :-p
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  13. #13
    Flashaholic* vadimax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Vinh, how much left to setting remote fires?

  14. #14

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    This is pretty awesome

  15. #15

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Vinh, how much left to setting remote fires?
    :-P
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  16. #16

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeldog View Post
    This is pretty awesome
    I think its the best. Not another thrower I rather have.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  17. #17
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    The 90vn V2 is amazing, throw junkie must..................no doubt there. But damn, the x65vn holds its own imho for a large hot spot throwing high output beast

  18. #18

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    The 90vn V2 is amazing, throw junkie must..................no doubt there. But damn, the x65vn holds its own imho for a large hot spot throwing high output beast
    Thew X65vn just chilling around and nothing really beat it in terms on throw and lumen at once for the longest time.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  19. #19
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire England
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Good comparison there, just love the big hot spot on the X65vn. I think I may have got the "prototype" TN42vn90 V2 as I purchased it on the Genesis sale. When it arrived I found its performance underwhelming and 3 days later it died. Sent it back to Vinh and in very short time he had sorted the problem and shipped it back to me.., along with a gift of a Manker tactical pens, which work really well.., thanks mate. 👍 Got the light back a week ago, and I am VERY pleased with its performance,.., this thing rocks big time. Despite the obvious that it heats up quick, and if your going to run it for a length of time, pack a spare set of batteries, this is such a good package in so many ways..., an "eminently useable" mega thrower.., well done Vinh.

  20. #20

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by taubada View Post
    Good comparison there, just love the big hot spot on the X65vn. I think I may have got the "prototype" TN42vn90 V2 as I purchased it on the Genesis sale. When it arrived I found its performance underwhelming and 3 days later it died. Sent it back to Vinh and in very short time he had sorted the problem and shipped it back to me.., along with a gift of a Manker tactical pens, which work really well.., thanks mate.  Got the light back a week ago, and I am VERY pleased with its performance,.., this thing rocks big time. Despite the obvious that it heats up quick, and if your going to run it for a length of time, pack a spare set of batteries, this is such a good package in so many ways..., an "eminently useable" mega thrower.., well done Vinh.
    Could you please be more specific on how long of turbo runtime before it gets too hot ? Thank in advance.

  21. #21
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Yukon
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    2 questions:

    1) Will there be an Oslon-based pencil thrower version like the V1?
    2) Any idea what the difference is between the V1 and V2 of the TN42? I tried to find a comparison detailing what the differences were, but to no avail. The specs listed on the Thrunite site were no help either, as they appeared to be identical.
    Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.

  22. #22
    Flashaholic* Newlumen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,379

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
    2 questions:

    2) Any idea what the difference is between the V1 and V2 of the TN42? I tried to find a comparison detailing what the differences were, but to no avail. The specs listed on the Thrunite site were no help either, as they appeared to be identical.
    I think this is the only version available right now with the driver vnx3.

    I have an older version which have 3 modes, low, medium, and high.

  23. #23
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire England
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by flybird View Post
    Could you please be more specific on how long of turbo runtime before it gets too hot ? Thank in advance.
    I seem to get a consistent 2 and a half minutes on turbo before the light turns down to high. At that point the collar of the light is certainly warm but not what I would call hot. I did try turning the light off for a few seconds, then back on to turbo for a minute and it got hot to the point that that it was uncomfortable., then back down as I have no desire to damage the light at this stage. Even on high, this thing can easily "out glo & out throw" my other dedicated throwers eg. T21vn, M25C2vn Turbo and TK61vn V1...., and if you really want to light something up, you still have another level. 😳

  24. #24

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    There is a 20A and 30A version of the TN42vn CFT90
    20A version basically has no driver heat worries. 30A version has 25% more peak intensity but come at the cost of circuit overheating around the 2-3 minute mark on Turbo. Nothing will likely hurt. The circuit just wont sustain turbo and turn itself down to High to protect itself. I keep restarting turbo in torture test and have not been able to kill a driver so I think its fine.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  25. #25

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    OK, I'll have to send in one of my two TN42vn CFT90 V1's back for a V2 upgrade.
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 3 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

  26. #26
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire England
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Best way to compare the difference between the 2, I suppose....! 😋

  27. #27

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by taubada View Post
    I seem to get a consistent 2 and a half minutes on turbo before the light turns down to high. At that point the collar of the light is certainly warm but not what I would call hot. I did try turning the light off for a few seconds, then back on to turbo for a minute and it got hot to the point that that it was uncomfortable., then back down as I have no desire to damage the light at this stage. Even on high, this thing can easily "out glo & out throw" my other dedicated throwers eg. T21vn, M25C2vn Turbo and TK61vn V1...., and if you really want to light something up, you still have another level. 
    Well noted sir. Thank you.

  28. #28

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    I sent one of my two TN42vn90 V1's to be upgraded to V2.

    Since I wanted to wait until the VNX3 driver could respond very quickly, it took a month or so. It was worth it. The VNX3 driver responds almost instantly.

    Also, the TN42vn90 V2 is more powerful by about 200 Kcd according to my measurements. The VNX3 provides FAR more flexibility than the old 3-mode driver.
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 3 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

  29. #29

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    I have one with the vnx3 but wth the slower response driver. Iím waiting for the v3 version where turbo can be memorized or is in the mode sequence before I ship mine back.
    But this light is a monster. It puts a hot spot on a tree 350 feet away. I love it

  30. #30

    Default Re: TN42vn90 V2 :-)

    I'm having fun comparing the beamshot pictures of this compared to the X65vn.

    Ace X65vn - - 11K Lumens - - 640Kcd - - 4.3" Diameter Head
    TN42 90vn- - 5.5K Lumens - 1,200Kcd- - 3.94" Diameter Head

    Personally I'd love a light with a beam profile between these 2 in terms of lumens vs. throw.
    Can you put a CFT-90 emitter in a light with a smaller head - say an Acebeam K40M (3" diameter head) and get something like 5,000 lumens with 700Kcd in a more compact package?
    Last edited by rickypanecatyl; 01-17-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •