CR123 Made in the USA

I b retired

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a new LED flashlight that uses the CR123A battery. Like all good forum members I immediately read Selfbuilts CR123A 2013 Battery Comparison. Armed with the knowledge from his post, I went in search of a "Made in the USA" CR-123A.

My first stop was a camping store whose online site said that had Energizer CR-123A's Made in USA. When I got to the store, all of there CR-123A battery stock were in fact Energizer 4 packs and on the reverse side of each package was printed "Made in China". The Manager said he would correct their web site to show Made in China.

Off I went to a store who only sells batteries and light bulbs. They had a Duracell two pack of CR123s but they wanted over $20 for the package of two. If I recall correctly, those were also labeled "Made in China".

Next I visited at one of the national big box retailers. They had the CR123 Energizer 4 packs for $16+ but all of the packages were labeled "Made in China". For the heck of it, I looked at the two packs and sure enough there were "Made in the USA" for about $9.80 for a pack of two. Off I went to another big box retailer who has the Energizer four packs Made in the USA but they were priced at $16+.

I looked on Amazon for CR123A's Made in the USA, but I was turned off by some of the negative comments I read.

So, here is my question. I want Made in the USA CR-123A's. Streamlight, Duracell or Panasonic would be fine. What company in the USA is a reputable retail supplier where I will not receive counterfeit, used or other second class Made in the USA batteries at a reasonable cost (Under $2 a battery). I am not adverse to purchasing a package of 4, 6 or 12.

Thank you

I b Retired

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why so focused on made in USA battery, and 2 dllr under for a made in USA? May as well start looking for made in china.

That's like saying I want a brand new jeep but needs to be 15k.

I b retired

Newly Enlightened
A number of the Amazon sellers offer Made in the USA for under $2, it's just that I am not sure which are reputable.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
A number of the Amazon sellers offer Made in the USA for under $2, it's just that I am not sure which are reputable.
Gotcha, I've used these with my cr123 lights like the s1 mini batons. Great batteries with lasting charge, have not had a problem with them and they are all stored in in a matrix which is nice

Panasonic CR123A Lithium 3V Photo Lithium Batteries, 0.67" Dia x 1.36" H (17.0 mm x 34.5 mm) (Pack of 10)
Panasonic
Link: http://a.co/d/4G7G7it

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Rayovac are US made. Panasonic, SureFire, Rayovac, Streamlight, and Battery Junction are all made in the same factory in America.

Try "cop" stores. They'll likely carry Streamlight and SureFire batteries.

nbp

Flashaholic
A certain police gear website from Los Angeles has a good price on SureFire CR123 multipack right now. The 8-packs are a good deal. If you order a couple shipping will be worth it. A buddy and I just went in on an order for several packs so we can split shipping to make the price very appealing.

sceva

Newly Enlightened
Rayovac are US made. Panasonic, SureFire, Rayovac, Streamlight, and Battery Junction are all made in the same factory in America. .

I just got some Rayovac 123a at Walmart. Marked Made in China. At BatteryJunction some Rayovac 123a's are listed as USA and some are China.