Acebeam        
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sky Lumen Tange

Default Re: Sky Lumen Tange

Got mine too!

Flashaholic*

Mine isnít here yet. Iím really liking the looks of it so far though. Thanks for sharing the pictures
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Mine are not here.. should received them in 2 days.. super excited..

Amazed at how small it is - almost too small for my large hands to grip casually. I'm going to need a wrist lanyard or to attach this to one of my keychains or something...

Like the Olight S1 and the Emisar D4, in my mind it's in its own class in terms of lumen per cm≥.

The control sequence was simple enough that I was able to intuit it after a few minutes without reading the instructions (which I found some time later).

Instructions say 3/37/120 lumens. Light levels seem comparable to my well-worn TIP's 3 standard levels, albeit more diffuse and without apparent PWM. Spacing is great - low enough not to disturb your night vision terribly; medium enough to get close-range tasks done; high enough to move at a reasonable pace safely.

Timing short/long presses is a bit subject to random chance.

Not entirely sure how one would replace the cell within; I'll assume it's replaceable since there're been mention of it in this thread.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Default Sky Lumen Tange

Itís bring your Tange to work day. For those waiting, sorry for the teaser

Iím sure your boss will give you a day too!
    Last edited by Nokoff; 11-08-2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Removed pics. Cannot recommend this torch
    Nokoff is back!..and made in China

Default Sky Lumen Tange

No pic
    Last edited by Nokoff; 11-08-2018 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Removed pics. Cannot recommend this torch

Did I get the lone bad egg or am I just doing something wrong? Mine arrived. I touched the end and...nothing. I plugged into the USB port and the solid blue light came on. This, according to the instructions, is supposed to indicate fully charged. Long press on the fingerprint...nothing. Solid blue light still on. Short tap...nothing. Another long press...nothing. Solid blue light still on.

*sigh*

Default Sky Lumen Tange

Troubleshoot it...tap once to turn off the blue light, make sure itís all off.... then one short tap to get the blue fingerprint on. Then long press and the light should come on. It may come on in low depending, then once on, short presses to change

Thatís just it. The blue light doesnít turn off no matter how itís touched, tapped, or pressed. Got to get past that before I can get to turning the light on or off.

Charge it for a while anyway and try again. I charged mine regardless of the light color for about an hour before trying it.

Will try that...

Quote Originally Posted by Nokoff View Post
    Charge it for a while anyway and try again. I charged mine regardless of the light color for about an hour before trying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Will try that...
    Had it on the charger since the last post...no difference. The blue light is still constant on and there is no clicking, tapping, or pressing it off, and no light from the front.

Sent an an email to Vinh...
    Last edited by wacbzz; 11-06-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Had it on the charger since the last post...no difference. The blue light is still constant on and there is no clicking, tapping, or pressing it off, and no light from the front.

Sent an an email to Vinh...
    Sent you a new one. Engraved and tested flawlessly :-)
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I hate the stupid keyring that is in the way. I think a string loop will be best.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Default Sky Lumen Tange

What about the battery. I was thinking take it out to reset the torch but how do you take it out?

Like a boss I tossed my instructions lol

Default Sky Lumen Tange

I am thinking this battery is not easily replaceable.

I am thinking this battery is not easily replaceable.
    Its not hard but its not to be done by the user.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Thanks a ton Vinh!

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Its not hard but its not to be done by the user.
    What?

Iím gonna turn my clocks back to before you just said that like it was nothing.

Flashaholic

I just got two of them. They both work well. I like them ! The Sky Lumen signed build spec card is also really nice. I will take 4 more please.

Some questions.

1. Does the flashlight circuit limit the charging amp to .05a or so, or whatever is appropriate of such a small cell ? Should we be careful to charge it from a 5V, 2.1 A USB ? ie. from a SKYRC charger ?

2. How do I get the cell out to charge it in my charger ? and swap it out ?

Thanks in advance, these make great key chain lights for Christmas and the signed build spec card adds to their exclusivity !
    Last edited by hjdca; 11-06-2018 at 07:28 PM.

When will you start offering other emitter types in this Vinh? I really want to gift one to my brother and his wife for dog walking, but I also really want it to have an SST20 4000k in it.

I got 3 Tange today. Lumen is 80 lumen.. nice light.

So I ship 75 of these. 6 reported with issues. Let me check these bad ones out first. Shop said any USB port is fine. The light should know to limit current.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Got my Tange; now we know why it is called (the Latin word for) touch.
    Mine worked fine out of the box. Seemed brighter after a full charge of 0.5A. Red aux tail light till full blue fingerprint glow.
    Thank you Vinh, Nice SkyLumen quality.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    So I ship 75 of these. 6 reported with issues. Let me check these bad ones out first. Shop said any USB port is fine. The light should know to limit current.

Is this the same guy/shop making your Genesis? Six SO FAR is 12% of all Tange have issues. And the fact that we canít replace our own batteries is a very unwelcome surprise. Turning off the battery current could have reset the driver settings and Ďmayí have fixed the issues in the users hands.

You really need to be UP FRONT about details like that. You mod a lot of stuff and donít mention that control rings no longer work or button lights wonít work as they did but youíre introducing your own commercial line itís time to step up.

8 percent not 12.
    P

Default Sky Lumen Tange

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    8 percent not 12.
    P
    ...so far but that wasnít really the point.

If itís a throwaway light at $20 then it is what it is but Iíd like to know the trick to opening them up. Will he be here is five years...the battery is very small and weak to begin with and we donít know the brand, mAh, really nothing about it. If you leave the breathing light on overnight it dies, but how low does the voltage drop? Breathing lights are known to take batteries below safe levels and kill them faster. He never said it was a breathing light either until just now. Details, details, details...are important. Maybe someone will do a detailed review thatís not really my thing.

Flashaholic*

...so far but that wasnít really the point.

If itís a throwaway light at $20 then it is what it is but Iíd like to know the trick to opening them up. Will he be here is five years...the battery is very small and weak to begin with and we donít know the brand, mAh, really nothing about it. If you leave the breathing light on overnight it dies, but how low does the voltage drop? Breathing lights are known to take batteries below safe levels and kill them faster. He never said it was a breathing light either until just now. Details, details, details...are important. Maybe someone will do a detailed review thatís not really my thing.
    I always thought it was up to a consumer to know what they are buying before they dive in head first. A simple email and you would have known all of this info.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    I always thought it was up to a consumer to know what they are buying before they dive in head first. A simple email and you would have known all of this info.

So you think people shouldnít assume that batteries are user replaceable? What else shouldnít we assume, that it puts out light? There were no pics of it on at first when I bought it so I guess I got lucky there.

If it was removable, one could measure the drain. That one piece of information was necessary címon man.

Flashaholic*

So you think people shouldnít assume that batteries are user replaceable? What else shouldnít we assume, that it puts out light? There were no pics of it on at first when I bought it so I guess I got lucky there.

If it was removable, one could measure the drain. That one piece of information was necessary címon man.
    With a light using a 10180 and has a USB charging port yeah, it crossed my mind that I may not be able to easily replace batteries BUT I read back through this thread just now and realized he was offering batteries to people so hmmmmmm dont really know what to say there haha. I just chalk it up to being a 20 dollar novelty light.If you are unhappy with it im sure Vinh would you send you your 20 dollars back. You are right though, after mentioning that he has batteries for sale you would definitely assume that it should be user replaceable.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast