Malkoff        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Sky Lumen Tange

Default Re: Sky Lumen Tange

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    Hmmm. My light has come back to life on its own somehow. It is still not 100% reliable but Iím having some success with it. It literally just started working somehow after 2 days of death. All I did was took the tailcap off and wipe down around the sensor. It didnít work afterwards immediately so I didnít think it did anything. Then literally it just started working a few days later. Hopefully this somehow helps others having problems.
    This light is junk. I am very disappointed with it. Any one with troubles just email me and I will send you a refund. I will be more careful with this types of projects in the future.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

So far no troubles with mine but I will keep you updated.

Vinh, you show great integrity. If only more people did the same - we'd have a better world.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

If your light stop operating/failed or act abnormally I will issue a refund. AUX LED running for 5-7 hours is not consider a high parasitic drain. Bad deficiency/design yes, but not defective. High parasitic drain is when the light is completely off but the battery still draw excessively.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Vinh, you show great integrity. If only more people did the same - we'd have a better world.
    P
    Indeed.

I bought 2& only opened 1. Guess better check out the other one.

FWIW, now we know the silent partner.
    "may you live light and phosphor" - Mr. Spark

Quote Originally Posted by pc_light View Post
    FWIW, now we know the silent partner.
    Its actually not Rofis. But cool to see. Wonder if they are having problems.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Its actually not Rofis. But cool to see. Wonder if they are having problems.
    So Rofis sourced from the same mfgr, interesting. And here I thought Rofis did their own designs/mfg, particularly since their angle light seem unique.

It's possible that they'll tweak the light but I notice that it's already being (pre-)sold on the GB site
    "may you live light and phosphor" - Mr. Spark

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    This light is junk. I am very disappointed with it. Any one with troubles just email me and I will send you a refund. I will be more careful with this types of projects in the future.
    I bought 6 of then for Christmas Presents. I just got around to testing them. 3 of them do not work. Out of the box, they do not light up, and when you plug them in, you get this little red dot after a while in the middle of the switch. When you disconnect the charger, the little red dot stays on. I am messing with them now, trying to get them working....

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by hjdca View Post
    I bought 6 of then for Christmas Presents. I just got around to testing them. 3 of them do not work. Out of the box, they do not light up, and when you plug them in, you get this little red dot after a while in the middle of the switch. When you disconnect the charger, the little red dot stays on. I am messing with them now, trying to get them working....
    First, I do not recommend anybody doing what I am doing below. I am an expert in Flashlights and anyone using heat on a battery could blow it up. Do not attempt this at home. Send them back to Vinh to reset them for you.

Ok, I started messing with them while watching Red Zone. The three that are not working just glow with a small purple or red light on the back. The just need a battery reset. I got one apart by using a small piece of rubber, thin channel locks, and a heat gun. See pics. This first one did not seem glued. It is a hard press fit. Once you heat it up just a little, you can turn the body with your hand and a grippy towel. I not get it too hot before I could turn it. A hair dryer should be plenty hot. I do not think it is a quality control problem. Just a battery reset with this low charge small batteries messing up the electronics until they are fully charged. These are cool little flashlights and I have some s10 100 mah 10180 batteries that I will now switch in and try.

After I took it apart and reset the battery, the first one worked. See pic of the ones not working next to the one that is working.

Update 2 - I got two out of three of them working again. Unfortunately, one was pretty tight and I scratched it a little, then, in my haste I put the new battery I was trying in backwards --- big note ---- positive is on the tail side on this light... this fried the electronics in about 30 seconds. It smells burnt now from about 5 inches away.... and does not turn on... I guess this one will not be a present. I got impatient and burned it up, some expert, huh ? It pisses me off that I did that... I still think the body is press fit. I do not see any glue. When tightening it back up, you can feel the press fit... It does not seem to have polarity protection, so be careful or you will burn up the electronics like I did...

Last edited by hjdca; 11-26-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Send me an email. I will send you 2 new ones Free. However I don't recommend them as presents...

Quote Originally Posted by hjdca View Post
    First, I do not recommend anybody doing what I am doing below. I am an expert in Flashlights and anyone using heat on a battery could blow it up. Do not attempt this at home. Send them back to Vinh to reset them for you.

Ok, I started messing with them while watching Red Zone. The three that are not working just glow with a small purple or red light on the back. The just need a battery reset. I got one apart by using a small piece of rubber, thin channel locks, and a heat gun. See pics. This first one did not seem glued. It is a hard press fit. Once you heat it up just a little, you can turn the body with your hand and a grippy towel. I not get it too hot before I could turn it. A hair dryer should be plenty hot. I do not think it is a quality control problem. Just a battery reset with this low charge small batteries messing up the electronics until they are fully charged. These are cool little flashlights and I have some s10 100 mah 10180 batteries that I will now switch in and try.

After I took it apart and reset the battery, the first one worked. See pic of the ones not working next to the one that is working.

Update - I got all three of them working again. Unfortunately, one was pretty tight and I scratched it a little.... I guess this one will not be a present. I still think the body is press fit. I do not see any glue. When tightening it back up, you can feel the press fit...

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456