Acebeam        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frelux Flashlights

Flashaholic

Default Re: Frelux Flashlights

After writing the last post I put the 10 year eneloop into the FML that I had a energizer lithium installed for half a day. Now it is working fine with the button cap screwed down and the 10 year old eneloop installed. Perhaps the spring needed to be compressed a bit before the eneloop worked correctly.

I don't know if every FML is similar to mine but perhaps Benjamin need to add a note to the instructions saying to use an energizer lithium or alkaline for half a day to compress the spring. Or maybe he can do that at his shop before sending the out to his customers.

I'll do further testing with my 2nd FML and other eneloops.
    Last edited by bla2000; 05-02-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Flashaholic

I found another 10 year old eneloop and Lada 2450. Both Ladas only fit 1 FML and not the other. In the FML that both fit in neither lights up. The 2nd 10 year old eneloop lights up in both FMLs now so perhaps it isn't a spring issue.

Default Frelux Flashlights

Benjamin bought and tested a wide range of NiMH brands over the past couple of days and found a lot of inconsistency and variations from the standard AA alkaline dimensions. Even within the same 4 pack of Enloop Pros, some fit in the FML and others didnít.

He did confirm that the Energizer ďRecharge UniversalĒ NiMH all seem to fit. Other brands or models may or may not fit.

Itís unfortunate and unexpected, he didnít have this issue with the Synergy1, there seems to be greater size variations in AA batteries than AAA sized. Future designs will have much more exhaustive testing on battery fitment. If you have a favorite AA NiMH battery and it doesnít fit the FML, just reach out the Benjamin directly via email, Facebook or Instagram.

Family photos

I choose to carry a flashlight because I am often kept in the dark.

Flashaholic*

Any word on whether there will be another run? This light looks really cool... very interesting design.
    I spend my days in the light thinking about flashlights in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by Illumination View Post
    Any word on whether there will be another run? This light looks really cool... very interesting design.
    Benjamin is currently working on another (large) Synergy1 drop, while simultaneously finishing up the Synergy2 design before making a prototype

Surprised no one has mentioned the combo drop yet, but I had a different question here ...

I have a Gen1 light engine (Nichia) and a Gen2 light engine (Cree)

Is it normal to have "pre-flash" on the latter ?

And if so, is it all Gen2 engines ?
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned the combo drop yet, but I had a different question here ...

I believe it is. A lot of people have mentioned they have it. Funnily enough, though, Iíve never observed it on my own Synergy1 with the Gen 2 engine.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Thanks for the info.

I don't mind the mode sequence or spacing of Gen1 as much as the pre-flash of Gen2, though

Flashaholic*

Besides the coolness factor, is there any benefit to 2AAAs vs. single AA? A single AA has more than double the capacity of a AAA. The AA will be paired with a regulator / driver to increase the voltage.

I still want one in any case...
    I spend my days in the light thinking about flashlights in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post

There was a small batch of Gen2 that had the preflash but itís been resolved. Shoot Ben an email and heíll take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    There was a small batch of Gen2 that had the preflash but itís been resolved. Shoot Ben an email and heíll take care of it.
    Have sent a message through the "Contact Us" portal on his website (since I don't have his direct eMail) and will update here, once resolved. Much appreciated, thanks !

In the market for a Synergy1 but doubting about the color. The dark looks a bit tactical but combines better with a brass midsection of retention nut. The clear anodized looks a bit more stylish.

The new gray is an interesting and unusual color. The anodizing is always first rate on these lights.

Quote Originally Posted by troutpool View Post
    The new gray is an interesting and unusual color. The anodizing is always first rate on these lights.
    Definitely ordered one in the grey as it is quite beautiful. The anodizing on these is the best I've seen on lights and damn near the best I've seen in general

Heard a lot about this lights. Gave in and ordered a black with blue clip synergy1. Excited to finally try one. Loving the aaa format

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123