Frelux Flashlights

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it's OK with everyone, I'm going to be changing the purpose of this thread to be a general Frelux thread. benjamin seems to be posting most of his updates to his Facebook group and Instagram, I'll try to share them all here.

Updates will be posted in the comments.

------------(Original Thread Titile: Frelux Firefly Series) -----------

Benjamin over at Frelux has been working on some ideas for a Firefly series of his lights that will be higher end torches with inlays and/or other custom finishes or features.

Here's a test he did with brass inlay and a custom finish that will be called Vestige (naming credit goes to yours truly). You can see the Firefly Shield on the top of the light that will be on all Firefly series lights.

qyrCTCx.jpg

3GQiO1d.jpg

o3p1yw1.jpg

WX4Hcsh.jpg

5cwXMnD.jpg

Last edited:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Frelux Firefly Series

I like the "reload" & " make ready" on the tail lol.
Hopefully everyone will start buying these so I can get one of the black ones for myself!

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

The inlays look great, and the worn finish really completes the look. Very nice.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Very nice. I look forward to seeing more info on these.

scout24

Flashaholic

Love the Firefly shield, not sure about the inlays. Enjoying my light, though, and looking forward to my next purchase. Keep up the good work!

scintillator

Enlightened

Those Frelux Firefly Series lights are awesome looking,are they all Titanium?

Lucky Duck

Enlightened

What are the output levels in lumens? Is there a sub lumen level?

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I remember talk of an improved driver coming out at some point, but the website doesn't show any driver info for the current lights. Anybody know the scoop?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice. I look forward to seeing more info on these.

Any specific details you're looking for? If you want to check one out theres currently a passaround going on https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?446798-Frelux-Synergy1-Passaround

Scout24 said:
Love the Firefly shield, not sure about the inlays. Enjoying my light, though, and looking forward to my next purchase. Keep up the good work!

Feedback is great! What don't you like about the inlays?

scintillator said:
Those Frelux Firefly Series lights are awesome looking,are they all Titanium?

With the current design only the middle section can be bare metal. Benjamin hasn't made any titanium yet but some cool brass and bronze units

uQDDudC.jpg

LuckyDuck said:
What are the output levels in lumens? Is there a sub lumen level?
Random Dan said:
I think I remember talk of an improved driver coming out at some point, but the website doesn't
show any driver info for the current lights. Anybody know the scoop?

The new drivers will be Low-Medium-High with better mode spacing than the original drivers and slightly higher output. Production is complete for those driver so it's only a couple weeks out, Benjamin plans on getting them measured in a proper sphere so he can publish some reliable numbers.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks nice :thumbsup:
Where can I order one? Does he have a Website?....Google search didn't show any results... :shrug:

Not sure about CPF rules with links, just search for "Frelux" and it's the first result for me.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

There will be a big restocking once the new drivers are available, probably 2 weeks or so

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

Benjamin announced a new light today, the FML:

Here's something else I've been working on...
I was supposed to be designing less complicated stuff but the more simple it looks the more complicated it seems to get #FML ... Here's the new product ive been working on, the Frelux Magnetic Light. What did you think it meant ?
1f923.png
🤣
I am pretty happy with it, its quirky, it's small, and runs off a single AAA. It seems to fit those situations where something comes up and you think FML I'm gonna need both my hands and a light
1f609.png
😉.

xUwQUKT.jpg

wkTpPLF.jpg

1ODKysX.jpg

More photos https://imgur.com/a/xEeYQRK

It's a 1 x AAA reverse clicky light with a strong magnet base and flexible articulating neck. For this application Benjamin stuck with the original driver and UI, Medium - Low - High

Speaking of which, new drivers for the Synergy1 have arrived! Low - Medium - High with a lower Low and a higher High. Estimated about 30-40% increase in the High mode level output, a couple units are en-route to a third party legit integrating sphere for some real numbers

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been so anxious to get one of these if the UI could include a moonlight and say an XP-L neutral.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
That FML is definitely something I could see a machinist coming up with. Looks very practical.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a video comparing the new Synergy1 driver output and mode spacing/order with the older one

[video]http://tinypic.com/r/210n2w9/9[/video]

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some photos of the FML after anodizing

dOkajEY.jpg

zSZEBSZ.jpg

Current status is that a couple are being sent out for some real world use and evaluation before moving into production.