FourSevens        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frelux Flashlights

Default Frelux Flashlights

I hope it's OK with everyone, I'm going to be changing the purpose of this thread to be a general Frelux thread. benjamin seems to be posting most of his updates to his Facebook group and Instagram, I'll try to share them all here.

Updates will be posted in the comments.

------------(Original Thread Titile: Frelux Firefly Series) -----------

Benjamin over at Frelux has been working on some ideas for a Firefly series of his lights that will be higher end torches with inlays and/or other custom finishes or features.

Here's a test he did with brass inlay and a custom finish that will be called Vestige (naming credit goes to yours truly). You can see the Firefly Shield on the top of the light that will be on all Firefly series lights.

Last edited by Ozythemandias; 10-08-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Default Re: Frelux Firefly Series

I like the "reload" & " make ready" on the tail lol.
    Hopefully everyone will start buying these so I can get one of the black ones for myself!

The inlays look great, and the worn finish really completes the look. Very nice.

Honorary Aussie

Very nice. I look forward to seeing more info on these.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Love the Firefly shield, not sure about the inlays. Enjoying my light, though, and looking forward to my next purchase. Keep up the good work!
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

Those Frelux Firefly Series lights are awesome looking,are they all Titanium?

What are the output levels in lumens? Is there a sub lumen level?
    Last edited by Lucky Duck; 09-27-2018 at 08:09 PM.

I think I remember talk of an improved driver coming out at some point, but the website doesn't show any driver info for the current lights. Anybody know the scoop?
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by magellan View Post
    Very nice. I look forward to seeing more info on these.
    Any specific details you're looking for? If you want to check one out theres currently a passaround going on https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...gy1-Passaround

Quote Originally Posted by Scout24
    Love the Firefly shield, not sure about the inlays. Enjoying my light, though, and looking forward to my next purchase. Keep up the good work!
    Feedback is great! What don't you like about the inlays?

Quote Originally Posted by scintillator
    Those Frelux Firefly Series lights are awesome looking,are they all Titanium?
    With the current design only the middle section can be bare metal. Benjamin hasn't made any titanium yet but some cool brass and bronze units

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuck
    What are the output levels in lumens? Is there a sub lumen level?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan
    I think I remember talk of an improved driver coming out at some point, but the website doesn't
    show any driver info for the current lights. Anybody know the scoop?
    The new drivers will be Low-Medium-High with better mode spacing than the original drivers and slightly higher output. Production is complete for those driver so it's only a couple weeks out, Benjamin plans on getting them measured in a proper sphere so he can publish some reliable numbers.

Looks nice
    Where can I order one? Does he have a Website?....Google search didn't show any results...

Quote Originally Posted by emu124 View Post
    Looks nice
    Where can I order one? Does he have a Website?....Google search didn't show any results...
    Not sure about CPF rules with links, just search for “Frelux” and it’s the first result for me.

All the Nichia pre-orders were gone (google Frelux Synergy1). There was some Cree still available yesterday when I looked.

Got it ...Thanks buddies
    Yeah, not much left...

There will be a big restocking once the new drivers are available, probably 2 weeks or so

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    There will be a big restocking once the new drivers are available, probably 2 weeks or so
    Thank you!

Benjamin announced a new light today, the FML:

Here's something else I've been working on...
    I was supposed to be designing less complicated stuff but the more simple it looks the more complicated it seems to get #FML ... Here's the new product ive been working on, the Frelux Magnetic Light. What did you think it meant ? 🤣
    I am pretty happy with it, its quirky, it's small, and runs off a single AAA. It seems to fit those situations where something comes up and you think FML I'm gonna need both my hands and a light 😉.

More photos https://imgur.com/a/xEeYQRK

It's a 1 x AAA reverse clicky light with a strong magnet base and flexible articulating neck. For this application Benjamin stuck with the original driver and UI, Medium - Low - High

Speaking of which, new drivers for the Synergy1 have arrived! Low - Medium - High with a lower Low and a higher High. Estimated about 30-40% increase in the High mode level output, a couple units are en-route to a third party legit integrating sphere for some real numbers

Default Re: Frelux Flashlights

Been so anxious to get one of these if the UI could include a moonlight and say an XP-L neutral.

That FML is definitely something I could see a machinist coming up with. Looks very practical.

Here's a video comparing the new Synergy1 driver output and mode spacing/order with the older one

http://tinypic.com/r/210n2w9/9

Some photos of the FML after anodizing

Current status is that a couple are being sent out for some real world use and evaluation before moving into production.

That looks like a must have for me.
    I like the looks of the raw machined better than the black anodized.
    Last edited by ironhorse; 10-09-2018 at 03:22 PM.
    I choose to carry a flashlight because I am often kept in the dark.

I like the looks of the raw machined better than the black anodized.[/QUOTE]

+1 on that!

Some Frelux updates!!!

Busy week in the Frelux Factory! The first Firefly Series drop is scheduled for this afternoon, you can find the lights already listed on the site but they are marked as sold out until the drop is live

All of the lights will have the upgraded driver and the wonderful Nichia 219b R9080 SW45. Bodies will be available in a couple different colors and either solid brass centers or brass inlays with either the tumbled or Vestige finish.

The new drivers have been tested in a proper certified sphere (not DIY), here's the specs:
    Cree XP-G2 Low: 1.9 lm
    Cree XP-G2 Mid: 37 lm
    Cree XP-G2 High: 188 lm

Nichia 219c Low: 1.4 lm
    Nichia 219c Mid: 25 lm
    Nichia 219c High: 125 lm

There will be a preorder open for the standard series lights (upgraded drivers of course) this Friday.

With regards to the FML, Benjamin did some runtime testing and was not happy with the performance so it's being slightly scaled up to AA and will have over 10 hours of runtime on the medium mode. Small change for way better performance, great choice imo.

Hope to get my first

That was rough! Got #4

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    That was rough! Got #4
    Congrats! They went real fast

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    Congrats! They went real fast
    Thanks! One disappeared on me while filling out info and had to choose another. Betting Amazon pay is faster, but don't have it. Seems filling out the first page of the order is when they can still be taken from you.

Damn this is one nice light! Fit, Finish, Design, Quality...Absolutely beautiful! Over the past year I had been really on the hunt for a side by side. This is amazing! I would like to offer my personal opinion on possible improvements from my few hours with the light. I am the proud owner of #4 from this last run. First time owner.

1) More robust or thicker rubber for the switch

2) When initially turning on, there is a small pre-flash which would be nice to remove

3) Sub-lumen moonlight

4) Maybe look into driver software like the BLF A6

5) Possible use of 10440 batteries for a wider range of output possibilities

I don't know limitations of design, size or other things and don't claim to be an expert. If I didn't like this light so much, I wouldn't bother with suggestions that fit my "ideal" flashlight. It's that I could see this as a contender for top rotation EDC easily. I can't put it down. It is so great to have in hand. 100x better than expected.

Awesome to read feedback. Eagerly awaiting my Firefly

Preorder is currently open if you want a custom built to order BFG Synergy1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast