ARC4 (not +)

Status
Not open for further replies.

southpaw

Newly Enlightened
So....is there any real point in offering a (regular) ARC4? I mean, if I'm already spending $150 for a flashlight, why not go the extra $30 for the premium? Just wondering what my fellow CPFers think.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't buy one. You may as well "go all the way" and get a 4+. You're already 80% there.

It will be interesting to see how many of these Peter will sell. I'm of the opinion that once lights go over $100 (and probably before) , you're dealing with a niche market. I don't see the need in creating "sub" niches in this situation.

I think Peter is just making it harder on himself by offering two different "flavors" of essentially the same light. I have to admit that I don't even know what the differences between the two are though.

Peter

stockwiz

Enlightened
Also to consider are some reports of people receiving seconds that perform better then firsts, with better tint or whatever. It's one reason I always recommend seconds to people expecially newbies because I believe the difference between seconds and firsts is insignificant. My second, which I am starting to regret selling, had the whitest beam of any flashlight I ever owned. The only problem with it appeared to be a few minor exterior flaws. Sure you don't get the software upgrade, but you'd probably never need it anyways, and with the quality of the lights Peter produces, you'll never really have to worry about anything in a second either.

Plus, with seconds you get at least arc4 quality since these lights are simply arc4+ lights that didn't make arc4+ standards for whatever reason, but will easily surpass regular arc4 standards.

Kartoffel

Newly Enlightened
Could you reasonably expect the light to preform twice as good as a second and/or 17% better than a standard?

Or does that not bother you and you just want the best Arc4 possible no matter the cost.

People just answer that question differently. (I pick option 1--at least for an arc4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

And it doesn't apply just to flashlights.
Flyrods, shoes, cars, batteries, etc.......

Have fun
JP

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
southpaw said:
So....is there any real point in offering a (regular) ARC4? I mean, if I'm already spending $150 for a flashlight, why not go the extra $30 for the premium? Just wondering what my fellow CPFers think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think many will buy the standard Arc 4 at the price of $150. Why settle for less tint quality, less brightness, etc when for only $30 more you get the real deal. If one is willing to spend $150, chances are they will pay $30 for the top of the line Arc-4.

The only way I could see the Arc-4 standard selling well is if it is priced at least $50 less than the Premium. And at that price, I think Peter might take a loss. I predict that we may not see an Arc 4 standard for this reason.

The Premium model is so darn good, its worth every penny at $180!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well something has to be done with the "standard" emitters...

with the arc4(+), the difference between the + and the standard isn't output so much as efficency/runtime and tint.

i personally would get the premium, but some would consider the standard a better deal for their situation.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think many will buy the standard Arc 4 at the price of $150. Why settle for less tint quality, less brightness, etc when for only $30 more you get the real deal. If one is willing to spend $150, chances are they will pay $30 for the top of the line Arc-4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a moment (Peter, correct me if i'm wrong) :

1- The Arc4 is as bright as the Arc4+ !!!

2_ The Arc4 has the same beautifull white color of the Arc4+ !!!

3_ The only difference is that the Arc4+ will have better runtime in level 1 (and 2).

4_ If an Arc4 is less bright or has some tint is marked as second !!

Ciao.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
there will be tint variation no matter what you buy.

the premiums will have the whitest tint (within certain tolerances)
the standards will have white tint, but not necessarily as white as the premium
the seconds may or may not have white tint, but may have "bad" tint.

generally, the premiums will be whitest, the standards will be whiter, and the seconds may or may not be white as well.

i guess the easiest way to put it is that the premiums will have the least variation, the standards will have little variation, and the seconds will have lots of variation? (from unit to unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts