What are the odds?

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
So two friends took me out for breakfast for my birthday this morning one of whom afterwards ran into a former co-worker outside waiting to be seated.

I noticed a Leatherman Tool and a Surefire Titan Plus clipped to the inside of his left jeans pocket. He confirmed I accurately identified each, and for the first time I saw and held a Titan Plus in person!

Though it was broad daylight, I was impressed with its looks, feel, and it seemed solid. Even though I like my current EDC lights, it is an attractive light and I've been reviewing the Titan Plus thread here.

Does this flashaholic really need a new light?

Moreover, when I asked him, it turned out he reads CPF regularly like I do.

Have you ever had this experience?

What are the odds?

- LetThereBeLight!

idleprocess

Flashaholic
CPF is widely known when it comes to flashlights in particular and EDC in general. Suspect the casual readership is far greater than the membership.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Very cool. I couldn't have said how broad the readership is, but I'm glad you got a chance to check out the Titan Plus.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
40 years ago my best friend called me to say a friend of his was involved in Financial Investments and would I meet with him. We met and it was a successful endeavor, and we went our own ways. 40 years later and Red and I were having a discussion on CPF about Frank Sinatra's house near Palm Springs-you guessed it, he was the finance guy...so not only were he & I back in touch, but I put him back in touch with our mutual friend. So yes, CPF can unite old friends and make new ones...flashaholics are a rare breed but we can recognize each other through hundreds of different lights or knives or lanyards even the way we talk(how often do you say Lumens or Lithium Ion when chatting). PS I love my Titan Plus....

scout24

Flashaholic
CPF is widely known when it comes to flashlights in particular and EDC in general. Suspect the casual readership is far greater than the membership.

I find at any given time that at least 3/4 of the people reading the forum are "guests".

Lumen83

Enlightened
I would say the odds are pretty good. The other day I was surfing and I ran into a surfer who also happens to get the surf reports from the same website that I do. What are the odds that two surfers would habitually browse the most popular website for surf reports? I would say they are pretty good. Similarly, I would expect that two people who appreciate and EDC very expensive high-quality flashlights, likely have stumbled upon a website dedicated to information about them, reviews about them, etc.