2001 Kia Sephia - WigWag Lights

JohnnyGalaga

Newly Enlightened
How can I make the lights on my 2001 Kia Sephia do rapid strobe-light wigwag patterns like the police cars do ?

I would like to be where I can flip a switch and have all the lights (front and back) do independent strobe light patters.

What do I have to buy and how do I install it ? Are there any websites with information on what I need to do ?

Thanks !

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you want to do that? I have emergency lights lights on my car (Strobes, flashers, etc) but only use them when responding to FD & EMS calls. I also have a permit from the DMV to have and operate these lights. I dont suggest you mess with stuff that will make your car look a police car. Fines are big and may include jail time. Not worth it to look "cool".

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Agreed - do that on the street, without a permit, and you and expect a not so nice visit from the nice men in blue, and the words "Impersonating a police officer" will be used - NOT words you want to hear

Of course, I have see private cars with strobes at car shows - these cars usually have them setup so they can NOT be turned on when they are on the street (fuse pulled)

Heck, I do work at various disaster sites, and I would not be allowed stobes - there is some question if I could even get a "Yellow light" permit, so I don't bother. If I have to stop at the side of the road, I take out a typical survival strobe (yellow filter or plain white) and just place it on the truck's roof or rear bumper. That and a few road flares, and remembering to work on the side of the truck AWAY from traffic

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree...cool thought...bad idea. When you see flashing lights coming your way you know it`s to alert you to get out of the way...someones life might depend on the vehicle getting somewhere fast. Don`t toy with this.

Also ask Craig (LED museum fame) about his adventure a few years back involving his scooter and flashing lights...LOL.

Ken