Maxtorch        
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: HDS UV light... On SALE October 23rd.

Default Re: HDS UV light... On SALE October 23rd.

I also chose rotary, and will leave it stock in custom settings, unlike all my other lights.
    Current 24/7 (2019) primary- HDS Rotary 325 long Cree XP-G3 5000K; secondary - HDS Rotary High Noon Nichia 219c; HDS Rotary 219b 3500k 9080; HDS Brass; HDS TI; HDS UV; Past: JETBeam Raptor; Other: Malkoff Converted Surefire 6p 6z and Fenix, Olight, JETBeam, Surefire, Thrunite, www.AestheticPhotos.com

I chose rotary as well.

My HDS UV light paid for itself on the first use. My Toyota Camry has a slow power steering fluid leak. I put some Tracer dye in the power steering fluid, drove it a bit, and look what my new HDS UV light found...

My HDS UV light pin pointed the problem and all I have to replace is one 12 inch section of hose and two clamps.

Without UV light:

With UV light:

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    My HDS UV light paid for itself on the first use. My Toyota Camry has a slow power steering fluid leak. I put some Tracer dye in the power steering fluid, drove it a bit, and look what my new HDS UV light found...

My HDS UV light pin pointed the problem and all I have to replace is one 12 inch section of hose and two clamps.

Without UV light:

With UV light:

Bingo!
    Current 24/7 (2019) primary- HDS Rotary 325 long Cree XP-G3 5000K; secondary - HDS Rotary High Noon Nichia 219c; HDS Rotary 219b 3500k 9080; HDS Brass; HDS TI; HDS UV; Past: JETBeam Raptor; Other: Malkoff Converted Surefire 6p 6z and Fenix, Olight, JETBeam, Surefire, Thrunite, www.AestheticPhotos.com

nice!

where can one buy this tracer dye, local auto parts store?

On a side note; does anyone that has an HDS uv also have a uv light from malkoff? I'm curious what kind of differences there may be. I own a malkoff uv, I haven't used it but the day I got it to play around. trying to decide if I should still consider an HDS UV. Thanks
    Last edited by INFRNL; 05-04-2019 at 11:02 PM.

@infrnl what is the wavelength of the Malkoff? I ve not seen one.
    I recommend you get the HDS UV once you do you wonít be sorry. It also blows the forensic blue away!
    Donít Tread On Me

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    nice!

where can one buy this tracer dye, local auto parts store?

On a side note; does anyone that has an HDS uv also have a uv light from malkoff? I'm curious what kind of differences there may be. I own a malkoff uv, I haven't used it but the day I got it to play around. trying to decide if I should still consider an HDS UV. Thanks
    I had to order the Tracer dye from a supply company because the local auto stores did not have complete inventory. I ordered two different six packs of small bottles. That way I could cover all vehicle fluid leaks, A/C, Transmission, Power Steering, Coolant, and Engine Oil. Do a google search.

The HDS light has the Woods Lens that "filters out spurious fluorescent emissions from the LED that are otherwise visible and interfere with viewing fluoresce." Basically, the lens makes it easier for you to spot the fluoresce. The HDS light also produces a 365nm wavelength, which I believe is the best wavelength available for UV. Then, of course, Henry makes the light so it is of high quality and not going to fail.

There are a lot of ďcheaperĒ uv light products but most are of low quality and not worth having. HDS has never been cheap but once I got my first HDS I understood why!
    Donít Tread On Me

I just picked up a bottle of UV dye for finding leaks in the engine coolant system at AutoZone today. Need to find a pin-hole leak in the Jeep. Can't find any coolant on the engine nor any drips... and it goes down VERY slowly so I will put the HDS UV to work on it. They had them for just about all the fluids. Once that is solved, I have to get some heavy duty rear coil springs put on... the current ones just don't do it since I added 300 pounds of rear bumper.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    I just picked up a bottle of UV dye for finding leaks in the engine coolant system at AutoZone today. Need to find a pin-hole leak in the Jeep. Can't find any coolant on the engine nor any drips... and it goes down VERY slowly so I will put the HDS UV to work on it.
    A couple places I would look for the leak:

1. around water pump gasket
    2. around plastic inlet on the top of the radiator.
    3. all around the perimeter of the radiator as it is plastic clamped to metal.
    4. around the lower radiator outlet hose clamps.
    5. around rear exhaust pipe - head gasket

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    There are a lot of ďcheaperĒ uv light products but most are of low quality and not worth having. HDS has never been cheap but once I got my first HDS I understood why!
    I agree with you, but the best UV 365nm lights are using a Nichia 365nm LED. The problem is that the Nichia UV LEDs needs a new driver since the vf is high (3.8V-4.2V). At all the NCSU033B or NCSU233A in 365nm are IMO the best UV LEDs with very low visible light.

My dream would be a HDS with such type of LED, but it is like I said, I expect the electronic needs to be reworked.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    @infrnl what is the wavelength of the Malkoff? I ve not seen one.
    I recommend you get the HDS UV once you do you wonít be sorry. It also blows the forensic blue away!
    this is what Malkoff posts: Malkoff 365nm 900mw UV Module. The LED is a Lite-on C03 UV LED
    Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    I had to order the Tracer dye from a supply company because the local auto stores did not have complete inventory. I ordered two different six packs of small bottles. That way I could cover all vehicle fluid leaks, A/C, Transmission, Power Steering, Coolant, and Engine Oil. Do a google search.

The HDS light has the Woods Lens that "filters out spurious fluorescent emissions from the LED that are otherwise visible and interfere with viewing fluoresce." Basically, the lens makes it easier for you to spot the fluoresce. The HDS light also produces a 365nm wavelength, which I believe is the best wavelength available for UV. Then, of course, Henry makes the light so it is of high quality and not going to fail.
    thanks

Just ordered my first HDS, an UV Rotary. Choose the black bezel as it compliments the woods filter very well. Canít wait till it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by TomK85 View Post
    Just ordered my first HDS, an UV Rotary. Choose the black bezel as it compliments the woods filter very well. Canít wait till it arrives.
    Congratulations! Welcome to the tribe. What will be the primary use for the UV emitter?
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Congratulations! Welcome to the tribe. What will be the primary use for the UV emitter?
    Thanks! As I am living in Europe, I wonít have to deal with scorpions ;-). Donít have that much use for it apart for charging the lume of my watches and some occassional stuff like checking bills. On the other hand I bought a cheap Eagletac UV which has seen more use than I anticipated.

Also have a High Noon coming in through my regular dealer but they didnít order the UV which I understand. HDS is a niche here in the Netherlands, but an UV HDS even more.
    Last edited by TomK85; 05-19-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Flashaholic*

Also have a High Noon coming in through my regular dealer but they didnít order the UV which I understand. HDS is a niche here in the Netherlands, but an UV HDS even more.
    Interesting can you name the dealer? It is always good to know an European dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    Interesting can you name the dealer? It is always good to know an European dealer.
    Offcourse! Itís Knives & Tools, they are based in the Netherlands. They also ordered the high-noon and 325 G3 last week, they have more than the standard offering from HDS. Also got some accessoires in stock.

Offcourse! Itís Knives & Tools, they are based in the Netherlands. They also ordered the high-noon and 325 G3 last week, they have more than the standard offering from HDS. Also got some accessoires in stock.
    But pricey...

Sent from Tapatalk

Some models are a bit more expensive but when I order through HDS the shippings costs are $75 and still need to pay taxes. A standard rotary is $284 and $75 shipping makes $359 dollar which equals to Ä321 (and about 30% in taxes are added) Knives and Tools charges Ä319

Flashaholic*

I know K&T, but I did not know they order special lights on customer request. I was guessing they have only the stuff they have in their shop listed.

But the really cool stuff like GITD reflectors, or special material Rotaries are only available @HDS.

I asked K&T multiple times for a special customer request, and they always said, they couldn't order just one light. I wonder why they would change that now.. last time I asked was 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    I know K&T, but I did not know they order special lights on customer request. I was guessing they have only the stuff they have in their shop listed.

But the really cool stuff like GITD reflectors, or special material Rotaries are only available @HDS.
    Just to be clear, they need to order more than 1 but they decided to order a rotary high noon and 325 G3. They didnít order it specifically for me.

Only 3 of the UV lights left.

Just a heads up.

Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 05-27-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    I play with dead things

And then there were 2.
    I play with dead things

And then there were none.

Sorry, the Agatha Christie fan in me couldn't resist.

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1559062670.523881.jpg
    White light

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1559062706.109990.jpg
    HDS UV Rotary cranked down

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1559062745.276079.jpg
    White light

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1559062770.127944.jpg
    HDS UV same level as before but focusing on the 20 and 5. They wonít last long and who knows when I ll get more!

Good luck on the last 2 UVís
    Donít Tread On Me

Are the UV lights gone, because it still shows up on the site?

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    Are the UV lights gone, because it still shows up on the site?
    There is one left.
    I play with dead things

Thanks, guess I'll take the last one

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium466 View Post
    And then there were none.

Sorry, the Agatha Christie fan in me couldn't resist.
    What you said! LOL!
    I play with dead things

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast