Acebeam        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: P60vn Light Engines

  1. #1

    Default P60vn Light Engines

    • These are light engines for P60 Hosts only
    • Must wrap drop in tightly before inserting in host
    • High drain switch such as FS54 required
    • DriverVN4
    • Unprotected High Drains such as VTC5A or LG 3500mAh required for Quads & Triples
    • LG 3500mAh or 10A or less cell only for Singles
    • Working voltage 2.5-6V
    • 2*CR123A are OK for EMERGENCY on lower modes only!
    • Copper LED MCPCB solder bonded to brass pill in reflector P60vn
    • Tint are very subjective so find your favorite ;-)
    • Triples run a bit cooler than Quads
    • Other LEDs available upon request
    • Throw Rank: Good, Great, Greater, Excellent, Best
    • Textured/OP reflector available upon request
    • Email me at SkyLumen54@gmail.com



    Spec 1: Triple Samsung 5000K, Bright pleasant neutral $100
    Spec 2: Triple Samsung HCRI 4000K, Bright pleasant warm $100
    Spec 3: Triple 219C 5000K, Bright neutral good throw $100
    Spec 4: Triple 219C 4000K, Bright warm good throw $100
    Spec 5: Triple XPL HI 6500K, Bright cool white great throw $100
    Spec 6: Triple XPL HI 5000K, Bright neutral with great throw $100
    Spec 7: Triple XPL HI 4000K, Bright warm great throw $100
    Spec 8: Quad Samsung 5000K, Brightest pleasant neutral $125
    Spec 9: Quad Samsung HCRI 4000K, Brightest pleasant warm $125
    Spec 10: Quad 219C 5000K, Brightest neutral good throw 2450 Lumen, 22Kcd, 300m Throw $125
    Spec 11: Quad 219C 4000K, Brightest warm good throw 2450 Lumen, 22Kcd, 300m Throw $125
    Spec 12: Quad XPL HI 6500K, Brightest cool white great throw 3000 Lumen, 28Kcd, 335m Throw $125
    Spec 13: Quad XPL HI 5000K, Brightest neutral great throw $125
    Spec 14: Quad XPL HI 4000K, Brightest warm great throw $125
    Spec 15: Quad MULE Samsung 4000K 90+ HCRI, Brightest wall of light ~3000 Lumen $135
    Spec 16: Smooth reflector + Oslon 6500K, Cool white best throw 600 Lumen, 85Kcd, 583m Throw $115
    Spec 17: Smooth reflector + SST40 SD 6500K, Cool white excellent throw 1400 Lumen, 40Kcd, 400m Throw $90
    Spec 18: Smooth reflector + SST40 HD 6500K, Cool white large hot spot greater throw 1600 Lumen $80
    Spec 19: Smooth reflector + Samsung 4000K 90+ HCRI, Pleasant warm good throw 1000Lumen, 18Kcd, 268m Throw $80
    Spec 20: Smooth reflector + Samsung 5000K, Pleasant neutral good throw 1000Lumen, 18Kcd, 268m Throw $80
    Spec 21: Smooth reflector + XPL HI 5000K, Cool white greater throw $80
    Spec 22: Smooth reflector + XPL HI 4000K, Warm white greater throw $80
    Spec 23: Smooth reflector Nichia 219c 5000K, Neutral good throw $80
    Spec 24: Smooth reflector Nichia 219c 4000K, Warm good throw $80
    Spec 25: Smooth reflector Nichia 219b 5000K, Neutral HCRI $80
    Spec 26: Smooth reflector XPE2 Red Thrower $80
    Spec 27: Smooth reflector XPE2 Blue Thrower $80
    Spec 28: Smooth reflector XPE2 Green Thrower $80

















    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 10-08-2018 at 11:14 PM.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  2. #2
    Flashaholic* vadimax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,171

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Umm... Why do 5000įK Samsungs miss HCRI in their specification? And where to find 219B vs 219C vs Samsung beam tint comparison?
    Last edited by vadimax; 10-08-2018 at 11:49 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Umm... Why do 5000įK Samsungs miss HCRI in their specification?
    I was told 80 CRI I think. Will have to double check. Is 80 considered high?
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  4. #4

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    I believe every emitter which goes above 4000k loose CRI numbers. Not only with Samsung... But i gotta tell you, 351 puts 219 to a shame, tint wise.

  5. #5
    Flashaholic* vadimax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,171

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I was told 80 CRI I think. Will have to double check. Is 80 considered high?
    This might influence decision between 4000 and 5000įK Normally I prefer 5000įK in case all other parameters are equal.
    Last edited by vadimax; 10-08-2018 at 11:58 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    This might influence decision between 4000 and 5000įK
    Take 4000k, you wonít regret it.

  7. #7
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    920

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Vinh, Can you give OD of Canister tail end?
    Nickle plated copper or solid Alum?
    Last edited by knucklegary; 10-09-2018 at 12:00 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by id30209 View Post
    I believe every emitter which goes above 4000k loose CRI numbers. Not only with Samsung... But i gotta tell you, 351 puts 219 to a shame, tint wise.
    This 351 4000K LED tint is an odd one. I find it brilliant in some light and yellow in some. But basically optics does better than reflector. Tint is much better at higher output too. Tint is a funny thing. After using this 4000K samsung for a while 5000K XHP35 HI looks pink which I didnt see before. Then again Cree does have a bigger tint lottery then others.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  9. #9

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    Vinh, Can you give OD of Canister tail end?
    Nickle plated copper or solid Alum?
    Nickel plated copper of course. Front rim is exposed to show off copper if desired. I will measure when I get a chance.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  10. #10

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Iím looking to replace a couple of drop ins from another vendor here. Both of them make a high pitched noise when on low or medium. Iím hoping that the DriverVN4 is silent like most commercial lights Iíve owned. I really want to revive the two hosts Iíve had for years, just want them to be silent. So, do these drop ins make noise?

  11. #11

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by tallyram View Post
    Iím looking to replace a couple of drop ins from another vendor here. Both of them make a high pitched noise when on low or medium. Iím hoping that the DriverVN4 is silent like most commercial lights Iíve owned. I really want to revive the two hosts Iíve had for years, just want them to be silent. So, do these drop ins make noise?
    I have 351D VN4. I can hear my blood rushes through my veins... thatís how loud it is.

  12. #12

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by tallyram View Post
    Iím looking to replace a couple of drop ins from another vendor here. Both of them make a high pitched noise when on low or medium. Iím hoping that the DriverVN4 is silent like most commercial lights Iíve owned. I really want to revive the two hosts Iíve had for years, just want them to be silent. So, do these drop ins make noise?
    No noise
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  13. #13

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    Vinh, Can you give OD of Canister tail end?
    Nickle plated copper or solid Alum?



    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  14. #14
    Flashaholic* neutralwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Monaco.
    Posts
    2,788

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    PWM on modes?
    thanks.
    international ship?. ( London )
    Malkoff M61T, Jetbeam E21A 5700k 9080 AAA.

  15. #15

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by neutralwhite View Post
    PWM on modes?
    thanks.
    international ship?. ( London )
    No visible pwm even on lowest moonlight. I ship everywhere. Email me for details

    Skylumen54@gmail.com

    I will slowly add beamshots and specs
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  16. #16
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    920

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Thanks for specs.. Nice lookin Pill!

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Assachusetts
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    P60vn Lil Vortex! Can't wait for mine, how are people having theirs built?

    Figured I'd maybe revive this thread since you've updated your P60s entirely recently. New layout is much more friendly on the eyes and also somehow less confusing. I have a few P60vns and I love them. They can bring any old-school P60/ D26 based light and bring it right up to tip top modern performance. I need a W2 quad I think at some point as well, maybe XP-L.

    Currently have an LH351D 4000K SMO CuHS (in an OR Z70), Triple Osram Square HCRI in a C2vn (one of my favorite lights ever!), White 1.1 SMO CuHS in a Solarforce L2M, and a Osram Square HCRI OP CuHS in an L2T stainless.

    All 4 of these lights are incredibly distinct in my collection, they all get a lot of use which is impressive because I am spoiled for choice. The P60 is a great light system overall but the P60vn really brings it to a new level and at the same time, sets a very high bar.

  18. #18

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Iím really interested in a cheapish host (50$ or less) that can take full advantage of the 10k lumens of the LilVortex P60vn... that would be a budget friendly (relatively speaking, 200$ is still not cheap) package deal of around 200$ shipped with the smallest head to output ratio on the market yet...!?

  19. #19
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,158

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Iím really interested in a cheapish host (50$ or less) that can take full advantage of the 10k lumens of the LilVortex P60vn... that would be a budget friendly (relatively speaking, 200$ is still not cheap) package deal of around 200$ shipped with the smallest head to output ratio on the market yet...!?
    I think something like a Ultrafire 502B host would get you to where you wanted to be, with shipping and everything included.

  20. #20
    Flashaholic* neutralwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Monaco.
    Posts
    2,788

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    what is the Triple Osram Square HCRI ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    P60vn Lil Vortex! Can't wait for mine, how are people having theirs built?

    Figured I'd maybe revive this thread since you've updated your P60s entirely recently. New layout is much more friendly on the eyes and also somehow less confusing. I have a few P60vns and I love them. They can bring any old-school P60/ D26 based light and bring it right up to tip top modern performance. I need a W2 quad I think at some point as well, maybe XP-L.

    Currently have an LH351D 4000K SMO CuHS (in an OR Z70), Triple Osram Square HCRI in a C2vn (one of my favorite lights ever!), White 1.1 SMO CuHS in a Solarforce L2M, and a Osram Square HCRI OP CuHS in an L2T stainless.

    All 4 of these lights are incredibly distinct in my collection, they all get a lot of use which is impressive because I am spoiled for choice. The P60 is a great light system overall but the P60vn really brings it to a new level and at the same time, sets a very high bar.
    Malkoff M61T, Jetbeam E21A 5700k 9080 AAA.

  21. #21

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    I think something like a Ultrafire 502B host would get you to where you wanted to be, with shipping and everything included.
    Somewhat, although it doesnít seem to have much heatsinking capabilities, since it was designed for 1k lumen output rather than 10k. I would imagine the right candidate would need some major fins to disperse the temperature.

    Thanks for the suggestion, Iíll keep looking for something similar!

  22. #22
    Flashaholic* Keitho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    CO, USA
    Posts
    781

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Currently have ... a Osram Square HCRI OP CuHS in an L2T stainless.
    How do you like the L2T? I'm thinking the mass will be a good match for a higher-powered P60vn, and I can't wait to get it in my hands to try side-by-side with the SLN.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Assachusetts
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by neutralwhite View Post
    what is the Triple Osram Square HCRI ?
    3500K Osram Square 90CRI. Gorgeous tint, lovely triple setup. I clock about 1100lm on an MJ1. Not super high output, but extremely amazing tint. One of my favorites ever, closest to an old XM-L v1 3000K 90CRI that I have seen. If you are looking for a nice 1000~ lumen EDC P60 it's a fantastic option.




    Quote Originally Posted by Keitho View Post
    How do you like the L2T? I'm thinking the mass will be a good match for a higher-powered P60vn, and I can't wait to get it in my hands to try side-by-side with the SLN.
    The L2T is actually quite a nice host! I don't know if stainless steel is good thermally with flashlights but it sure is heftier, so maybe? It feels very solid but it's also quite heavy compared to even the chunkiest of aluminum lights. Overall very nice to use, makes frequent trips out to the chicken coop at night with it since it's firefly is so low with the 3500K Osram Square 90CRI in there.

  24. #24

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    3500K Osram Square 90CRI. Gorgeous tint, lovely triple setup. I clock about 1100lm on an MJ1. Not super high output, but extremely amazing tint. One of my favorites ever, closest to an old XM-L v1 3000K 90CRI that I have seen. If you are looking for a nice 1000~ lumen EDC P60 it's a fantastic option.


    The L2T is actually quite a nice host! I don't know if stainless steel is good thermally with flashlights but it sure is heftier, so maybe? SS is complete junk when it comes to heat sinking. I can literally hold large bezel bare hand and heat the other side to red without feeling much warmth.

    It feels very solid but it's also quite heavy compared to even the chunkiest of aluminum lights. Its tough alright! haha
    Overall very nice to use, makes frequent trips out to the chicken coop at night with it since it's firefly is so low with the 3500K Osram Square 90CRI in there.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  25. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Assachusetts
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    LOL you're nuts Vinh! I love it.

    I guess that makes sense though, come to think of it I have yet to feel any heat from my single OP 3500K Square CRI on max... I thought that dropin was going to be placed somewhere else, but I really like it in this host for some reason. It's a very appropriate pairing.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Assachusetts
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Vinh, can your drivers be programmed to work at higher voltages? Can VN4 be programmed to manage the higher voltage of cells in series for a regular dropin?

    I have a 9P I'd really love to put one of your P60vn Lil Vortex/ 650.2s into running 2x18650 in series. Would that also allow for higher outputs from the lil vortex series?
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011

    List of my lights!

  27. #27

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Vinh, can your drivers be programmed to work at higher voltages? Can VN4 be programmed to manage the higher voltage of cells in series for a regular dropin? In short YES. This is why I have plans to make a 2*21700 and 4*21700 body for SLN.

    I have a 9P I'd really love to put one of your P60vn Lil Vortex/ 650.2s into running 2x18650 in series. P650.2 and 2*18650 Would kick ass so hard it should put out like +20-24K LED Lumen and 14-17K OTF Lumen at turn on!!! But you better have a twisty. I dont know if RS54 can handle the load.

    Would that also allow for higher outputs from the lil vortex series? LilV is best for single cell only. I designed it this way. The goal with LilV was to make the brightest wall of light with the best tint and HCRI.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  28. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Assachusetts
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Well that is sure exciting, off to find some sort of twisty for my 9P!

    Definitely going to be diving into that idea deeper. I'll email you about it. Gotta find a twisty first but maybe that wouldn't be too hard to rig up....


    Can a quad P60vn fit four SST-40 LEDs? 2x21700 should push around 2k lumen out of each, perhaps...
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011

    List of my lights!

  29. #29

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Well that is sure exciting, off to find some sort of twisty for my 9P!

    Definitely going to be diving into that idea deeper. I'll email you about it. Gotta find a twisty first but maybe that wouldn't be too hard to rig up....


    Can a quad P60vn fit four SST-40 LEDs? 2x21700 should push around 2k lumen out of each, perhaps...
    R we talking 4 SST40 with optics?
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  30. #30

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Assachusetts
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: P60vn Light Engines

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    R we talking 4 SST40 with optics?

    Yes! I don't think I have ever seen a triple or quad with an SST-40, they are an XM-L footprint I believe. Maybe the 5x5 footprint is too big? Don't think I've ever seen a quad XM-L light either, perhaps that's why......

    It'd make a great balance of big big output with just enough push to be a very usable wall of light.
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011

    List of my lights!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •