ArmyTek        
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Acebeam X70vn - Highest Production Output

Default Re: Acebeam X70vn - Highest Production Output

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    If you use the X80GTvn as the basis for the ceiling bounce measurements, it will definitely inflate the calculated lumens for the X70 because the X80GT is so much floodier. Ceiling bounce favors throwier beams.

I think the Dome vs SD didn't make much difference in throw because the center XHP35 HI contributes the majority of the intensity. Can you measure the throw with the XHP35 HI turned off? That way we can compare the real difference between dome and shaved dome.
    On several post above I did mention that the ceiling bounce interpolation method should only be taken for what its worth. But regardless even if 60K was inflated I am very impressive already. I was expecting 45K Lumen....
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 11-01-2018 at 02:06 PM.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Halloween slowed me down. Will try to finish the 70 SD today so I can compare it to 70.2 SD on the X70vn.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Halloween slowed me down. Will try to finish the 70 SD today so I can compare it to 70.2 SD on the X70vn.
    Nothing slows "LuxMan" Down.

On several post above I did mention that the ceiling bounce interpolation method should only be taken for what its worth. But regardless even if 60K was inflated I am very impressive already. I was expecting 45K Lumen....

I programmed my Lux app to read 53,000 for the MS12, disabled the middle LED on the X70 and it recorded 78,000.
    In the end I settled on 61,000 against a Frosted Optic D4 XPL calibrated to read 4000.

If the X70 is below 50k stock I'll eat my own balls.
    X70, MS12, MF04, X80-GT, DX80, X45vn, MT09R, DT70, D18, MF01, E07, D4S - My Lumen whore Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

Quote Originally Posted by KG_Tuning View Post
    I programmed my Lux app to read 53,000 for the MS12, disabled the middle LED on the X70 and it recorded 78,000.
    In the end I settled on 61,000 against a Frosted Optic D4 XPL calibrated to read 4000.

If the X70 is below 50k stock I'll eat my own balls.
    X70 is very impressive and if not 60K its super close. IMO this light at the asking price and build quality is an excellent value. Toughest part fro me is acquiring more stock hahahahha
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

X70 is very impressive and if not 60K its super close. IMO this light at the asking price and build quality is an excellent value. Toughest part fro me is acquiring more stock hahahahha
    Acebeam you really need to sell your lights to Vinh, there's no reason not to he has promoted your lights and helped you guys step up your game, its Disrespectful to the FLASHLIGHT community for you to not sell to Vinh cause he makes your product more powerful in the long the word will get out and hurt your good name and product!! This is a very close knit and loyal forum and were worldwide please reconsider and be fair and sell to V54!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luxxlightsaber View Post
    Acebeam you really need to sell your lights to Vinh, there's no reason not to he has promoted your lights and helped you guys step up your game, its Disrespectful to the FLASHLIGHT community for you to not sell to Vinh cause he makes your product more powerful in the long the word will get out and hurt your good name and product!! This is a very close knit and loyal forum and were worldwide please reconsider and be fair and sell to V54!!!!
    Its too complicated.. i kind of agree acebeam should sell lights to skylumen.. ( acebeam warranty will void if mod )..

but i think acebeam doesnt like it when they skylumen mod and sell it.. ( discount was given) ..

i think acebeam want skylumen to sell stock lighta only,

i dont know.

another question, will acebeam sell the lights to skylumen if he sell it as stock ??

Its really a fair call on their behalf. I too have turned down maybe ~ 3-4 customers that I do not sell to (I am very sensitive to people accusing me of being dishonest in any way, shape or form. Accuse me once and I might try to explain myself. Do it twice and for sure I will issue a full refund and end all transactions/communications). I am sure it was a wise business decision and they have 100% rights to do so. Also I am a small fish and don't buy that much from them. I am not mad at all. I just need to jump more hoops to get their lights. No biggie.
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 11-01-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Its really a fair call on their behalf. I too have turned down maybe ~ 3-4 customers that I do not sell to (I am very sensitive to people accusing me of being dishonest in any way, shape or form. Accuse me once and I might try to explain myself. Do it twice and for sure I will issue a full refund and end all transactions/communications). I am sure it was a wise business decision and they have 100% rights to do so. Also I am a small fish and don't buy that much from them. I am not mad at all. I just need to jump more hoops to get their lights. No biggie.
    Well said Brother ! I'll let it go if your good im good.
    Last edited by luxxlightsaber; 11-01-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Vinh, are you testing throw indoor? If yes, maybe testing outdoor will see bigger difference between dome and SD.
    From your beamshots they should not be just 20kcd difference.
    Last edited by DENGOH; 11-01-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DENGOH View Post
    Vinh, are you testing throw indoor? If yes, maybe testing outdoor will see bigger difference between dome and SD.
    From your beamshots they should not be just 20kcd difference.
    I test all the lights at 7.5m...Its kind of the standard although I know that distance is not the best but its the most control location that I have. But yeah let me finish the 70 SD version and then I wil measure max intensity with the flood only.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

X70vn xhp70 SD specs coming soon.

X70vn 70.2SD VS X70vn 70SD

70SD gets my vote for superior tint and beam

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

X70vn 70.2SD VS X70vn 70SD

70SD gets my vote for superior tint and beam

Xhp70.2 gets my vote I like it alot better than XHP70.
    Last edited by luxxlightsaber; 11-03-2018 at 01:30 AM.

Damn, thats a tough cal, the colours from pics look bumped a little more from the 70.2, but the 70 is a cleaner beam to my eyes. Lighting up a field is so last year, just light up a whole town instead

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Damn, thats a tough cal, the colours from pics look bumped a little more from the 70.2, but the 70 is a cleaner beam to my eyes. Lighting up a field is so last year, just light up a whole town instead
    I can see what you mean the 70SD is a cleaner beam but the 70.2 looks really good I can see more detail with it.

To my eyes

70.2 6500K
    VS
    70SD 5000K
    VS
    70.2SD 4500K (With green corona on a white surface)
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Thanks I picked 70.2 shaved with 5000k center engraving head and body plus insurance!!

On white wall 70SD to me wins but outside at night 70.2SD makes greens and browns pop vividly.

On white wall 70SD to me wins but outside at night 70.2SD makes greens and browns pop vividly.
    I too agree with that! I do not mind the slight performance loss but $100 more for the 70SD is not worth it.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

So shaving the dome drops CCT from 6500k to 4500k? Wow! I guess that's the answer to all those looking for a NW version of the X70. The color rendering in the outdoor beamshot looks much better with the 70.2 SD than with the 70SD. With the wall shot, the yellow/green corona on the 70.2SD sucks though.

Default Acebeam X70vn - Highest Production Output

I totally agree SKV...the 70.2SD does it for me!

My experience with dedeomed 6500k does the same thing on a white wall, itís yellow, but you aim it at the tree line on the top of the ridge and bam itís way better cri than you can imagine

Is that an inherent problem with throwers? People donít get to use them outdoors enough so they shine em on a wall hehe
    Nokoff is back!..and made in China

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    So shaving the dome drops CCT from 6500k to 4500k? Wow! I guess that's the answer to all those looking for a NW version of the X70. The color rendering in the outdoor beamshot looks much better with the 70.2 SD than with the 70SD. With the wall shot, the yellow/green corona on the 70.2SD sucks though.
    The corona is no big deal at any real distance and especially outdoor. I am a fan of 5000K Neutral so I do prefer the 70SD but $100 more is steep.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Recent Finding: Thrower LED when powered alone can not handle the high current and may literally smoke. When all LEDs are ON everything seem OK. Strongly recommend to always run light with all LEDs ON. At least this applies for Turbo. Since I do not give this light a power boost this recommendation applies to ALL lights modded or not.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Is this a driver defect?

So that means you cant reliably swicth between throw and flood ok so what about Driver Vnx3 then wouldn't that make sense now?

Is this a driver defect?
    I guess you can say that.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

So that means you cant reliably swicth between throw and flood ok so what about Driver Vnx3 then wouldn't that make sense now?
    I will have several with VNX3 bit its expensive and its a while away.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Thanks for info.

Vinh,

Would it make sense to replace the thrower LED, with one that can handle higher current?
    Last edited by star_c_star; 11-06-2018 at 07:28 AM.
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 3 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast