LED Flickering. New to Forum

BURGH

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I have two Hunter ceiling fans with a 4 bulb fixture in my kitchen. I replaced the incandescent bulbs with LED non Dimmable bulbs.

One fan has a single gang single pole switch working the light on the fan and it works fine.

The other fan has a 3 gang box with a dual switch for my back porch light and flood lights for the grill.

Another switch for the fan light and another switch for the recessed lighting over my counters.

This fan light when left on for a little while will start to Flicker all 4 bulbs.

I would imagine that there is some sort of interference in this box that is causing the flickering.

Is there some sort of suppressor I could add to the fan switch circuit or a particular switch.

I don't want a dimmer switch plus I am not sure it would fit in the box.

By the way the fans turning are not controlled by the switch.

We use the pull chain for fan speed.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Genes

Newly Enlightened
Your description isn't exactly clear in regards to the "ganged" boxes. I am assuming your are referring to the switch boxes mounted in the walls of the home not something internal to the ceiling fans. If you have them wired correctly, then there is no interference in the switch boxes that would cause the flickering. Some of the modern ceiling fans have wireless remote controls. You didn't mention if this is the case with your fans. If your fans do have wireless remotes, then it is very possible that the control box internal to the fan simply isn't designed to work with "non dimmable" LED bulbs. Just go buy 4 dimmable LEDs and install them to see if the problem goes away.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do the lights flicker whether the fan is on or not?

It sounds like they work fine for some time (like maybe the amount of time it takes the bulb to warm up), then start flickering. Is that right?

It sounds like you may have a noisy line, and the bulbs may not like it. It may well have nothing to do with the fans. Have you tried these bulbs at other locations in the house?

By the way, this sounds a lot like a thread I read a while back (maybe a few months to a year). Did you try searching the forum?

BURGH

Newly Enlightened
Do the lights flicker whether the fan is on or not?

It sounds like they work fine for some time (like maybe the amount of time it takes the bulb to warm up), then start flickering. Is that right?

It sounds like you may have a noisy line, and the bulbs may not like it. It may well have nothing to do with the fans. Have you tried these bulbs at other locations in the house?

By the way, this sounds a lot like a thread I read a while back (maybe a few months to a year). Did you try searching the forum?

That is correct it seems like when they warm up for awhile the flickering starts. Yes I have tried them in other locations. I agree with the noisy lines. Any to fix it?

archimedes

Flashaholic
I think this topic is more appropriate for Fixed Lighting forum.

Any objections from OP, @BURGH , if I move your thread there ?

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do they do in other locations? Does it matter if the fan is on?

Noise can have many different characteristics. I suspect the problem here is transients. These are high-voltage (well above the line voltage), very short duration events caused by things being turned on and off. Dimmers and motor speed controls often create lots of this kind of noise.

I design transient suppressors (AKA surge suppressors) into many of my products. Unfortunately the components that I'm familiar with wouldn't be appropriate for household wiring. Perhaps talk to your local electrical supply place (Electrical Wholesalers in my town) to see if the have an appropriate component.