Surefire L5 vs P60/P61

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me what to expect when switching from an M2 to an L5? Has anyone compared the throw of the L5 to an M2 with the P60 and P61 lamps? Any links?
Thanks.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own a Surge. If it doesn't cost at least 75 dollars I won't buy it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Unless it is a m@g lite then I will put 55 dollars worth of parts and labor into to bring it up to snuff!

L5 puts out a ton of light. It is my night stand light. It sits next to my "persuaders".

I caught a minute of Lee Marvin's biography, he slept with a .45 under his pillow and a hatchet under the bed. Didn't say anything about a flashlight.

How's that for OT?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol them mags make good bodys for real lights!i love the one that was made for me.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never did get a chance to compare the L5 to the G2 w/P60 before I gave the G2 as a gift.

I do have a shot at about 45' comparing the G2 w/P60 against the L6 though:

l4nightshots.jpg

More shots at my website

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened
I've had several Surges, sold all of them. They are heavy and big as bricks. Try and carry on in your pocket all day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The L5 produces much more whiter, broader light than the M2 (I don't think more, it's still the same lumens). LEDs still can't throw like a good incandescent though. The P61 in the my M2 kills L5 in throw, but up close the L5 has a much more usable light.