Issue with Streamlight Strion LED

Arvindmundhe

Newly Enlightened
I've had my Streamlight for about a year and a half and I use it all day at work (mechanic). I love this flashlight it does everything I need and fits in my pocket just fine. Recently every few days I go to turn it on and it won't stay on. I press the button and it turns on but goes out when I let go. And eventually it will stay on and it won't go off until I unscrew the cap. I've tried both of my batteries and they both do the same thing. Is this a common thing with these or is my flashlight in the way out?

pdeethardt

Newly Enlightened
Based on that description it sounds like the switch itself is failing. I'd contact Streamlight and see if you can purchase a replacement tailcap/switch assembly.

flashlightsarecool

Newly Enlightened
Contact stream light. This is something that should be fixed for free through their lifetime warranty. Shouldn't cost you a dime.

4DMag-Lite

Newly Enlightened
Contact stream light. This is something that should be fixed for free through their lifetime warranty. Shouldn't cost you a dime.

I second contacting and sending it in to Streamlight. Their lifetime warranty is pretty solid, and their turn around is pretty quick from my experience.