12V G4 LED Bulbs

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I apologize if this has been covered before but I've used the search to no avail.

I noticed a lot of older custom incan lights use 3 Li-Ions and a 12V G4 bi-pin bulb. I was wondering what the likelihood is on popping in a 12V LED G4 and having it work? I can't find anything on the actual input voltage range but I would think if it's not something like 10.5 to 12V the run time is going to be horrible. There's a lot of choices on these out there and I thought it would be a nice way to wake up some of the old conversions I have, namely a Surefire M6.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I apologize if this has been covered before but I've used the search to no avail.

I noticed a lot of older custom incan lights use 3 Li-Ions and a 12V G4 bi-pin bulb. I was wondering what the likelihood is on popping in a 12V LED G4 and having it work? I can't find anything on the actual input voltage range but I would think if it's not something like 10.5 to 12V the run time is going to be horrible. There's a lot of choices on these out there and I thought it would be a nice way to wake up some of the old conversions I have, namely a Surefire M6.

it would work, but why?

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
it would work, but why?

Do you know what the input voltages are? If the range isn't great enough they likely won't.

As I said in my original post I have some old Incan lights with G4 bi-pin sockets I'm looking to put LEDs in.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking to preserve the bi-pin sockets?

Moreso looking for more flexibility out of them. I have a Surefire M6 and a few Mags with bi-pin sockets and a Halogen bulbs I'm looking for more run time and more options. Most of the LED conversions for the M6 seem to be pretty bright, around 400 lumens or so I was looking for something a little different. with some tint and output options. I'll prob buy one and drop it in since it's cheap but I was thinking maybe someone did this mod before and might be able to save me a few bucks or might be interested in hearing about it.

Here's what I'm looking at:

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/2...0FcE5OSAVMgccF42nja8e9AGtIJUwUxoaAu3BEALw_wcB

?????????

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
the beam quality will be poor as these use a bunch of sm leds or cobs.
but electrically it should work.

Latest posts