First-Light USA improvement ideas, any FL fans still here?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ve been playing around with ideas to improve First Light products including the TRS mounts, brass and titanium battery tubes/bodies. Great light could be better.
Anyone else interested in this?

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am. I have both the TORQ LE and the TMax LE. I use Them for work and they are great! I am also only 20min away from their company, so I have stopped by and talked to their reps. Very nice people and always enjoy excellent customer service.

I have asked for 18650 tubes but guess there are no plans for them cause they are too expensive to build. It's a shame cause I'm sure other people have asked for them and I through batteries like crazy working midnight.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi JPA, pm me when you get time, nice to see you again. 18650 tube is doable and not too expensive if you got the specs and know the right people. The problem with 18650 is not the tube, but the fact that it is only 1 battery and the circuit board is geared up for up to 8v (?) not 3.7. I ve used a 17670 in my TMax briefly but then it shuts down thinking the battery is too low. 2 18350's came to mind but couldn't find any with enough capacity to warrant having a custom tube made. So I m using 2x rcr123 batteries by a UK company called Exposure (they do bicycle and marine lights. 700mah capacity seems to be the best I ve run in my T Max so far.
I had a brass tube made and currently working on a titanium project. Look on YouTube for sdsteveb

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did buy a 500 lumen modded mc with a hi cri Nichia and it gets more use than my t Max... though the t Max is more powerful
As far as the eneloops have you done measurements and compared to others?

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did buy a 500 lumen modded mc with a hi cri Nichia and it gets more use than my t Max... though the t Max is more powerful
As far as the eneloops have you done measurements and compared to others?

Hmm, that's awesome. Any chance you could mod ours cause I also like a warmer tint