Is "System Soap" Worthwhile?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is \"System Soap\" Worthwhile?

Does it pay to install the "System Soap" to, supposedly, prevent tracking or does it invite other problems. Thanks for your input.

metalhed

Enlightened
Re: Is \"System Soap\" Worthwhile?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif Just my opinion...Don't use it!!!

A quick Google shows some evidence of embedded adware in this program. I also read it requires a credit card to activate...not a good idea. Besides, the trial period is only three days, after which time it appear they will charge your credit card automatically. I would definately stay away from this one.

P.S. You might want to read this thread at www.annoyances.org. It will give you some idea of the risks involved with this program.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks metalhed. I wasn't having any problems they claimed to prevent so I didn't bite. You confirmed my suspicions.

Bill.H

Enlightened

Jayflash,

Those programs don't accomplish anything you can't do yourself anyway, albeit manually. You can clear cookies, dump cache and delete history very easily.
I don't accept cookies anyway, except for a special few, like the one that tells CPF it's me when I come to the site, for example. Cookie Pal by Kookaburra Software is excellent for controlling that.

metalhed

Enlightened

You might also consider trying the Mozilla Firefox browser. It stops virtually all unwanted pop-ups, let's you easily manage cookies, has simple access to privacy controls, has an integrated download manager, and it's open-source (which means it's free!!) You can go to www.mozilla.org to check it out.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Mike