RCR123 for Foursevens mini

oppositelok

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a foursevens mini mkii. When I tried using an RCR123 it tripped the protection circuit on high.
I see on the old web foursevens site they only recommend using their own IMR123.
As You can not get get them anymore I was wondering if anyone could recommend an IMR that would work?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of RCR123 are you using? Foursevens does recommend using a high current capacity cell for the mini mkii, although it doesn't necessarily have to be an IMR cell. I've used my protected AW 16340 cell in my mini turbo and it didn't trip the protection. However, since you asked.... I like the efest 16340 700mAh IMR cell. It has been tested to be a very good cell. You can find them on various sites.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Standard Li-Ion batteries cannot support the massive current drain and are dangerous to use. We've tested a variety of other "high discharge" RCR123 batteries and they failed our tests, so we had ours custom made."

Use a High drain battery like the Efest mentioned.

tom6

Newly Enlightened
The rcr 16340 battery from OTR M3 is more powerfull in 4s mini ii and turbo about 20%.