Maratac Titanium 2xAAA Inspection Light

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got some of the new run Maratac inspection lights in today, first impression was great until I turned it on. The XP-G3 used in this is downright disgusting, purple and green light.
As usual the heads are filled with thread-locker that even with heat will only budge if the driver is removed first.

Visually and component wise this thing is almost certainly produced by Lumintop, and uses the same driver, pill, and switch components as a Lumintop IPY365, but a nice stiff (much harder to accidentally activate) rubber boot instead of the more sensitive metal boot setup.
As expected the CountyComm description for this light is bogus, it is clearly not an XP-G2, but a G3, and the "385" lumens is a pipedream even at the emitter. The drive current matches that of the IPY365 and Lumintop's numbers have been close or even slightly conservative so ~200 lumens stock and probably 120-130 with the R9080 219Bs I swapped in.

On the whole I like it after doing an emitter swap on it, and the switch component is commonly available which is always a plus.

On another note, it looks like an over-the-threads clip with a ID of .51" would work, does anyone know of a Ti one or at least a good stiff SS one?.

0jHxOeD.jpg
Roq3nMS.jpg
AY3AsCc.jpg

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
ThetaSigma is Devin B? :)

I knew I saw those words and pics earlier.

Too bad about XPG3 being nasty, I never found a cool XPG3 light I liked.
Maybe a 4000K XPG3 would be better this light?

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
ThetaSigma is Devin B? :)

I knew I saw those words and pics earlier.

Too bad about XPG3 being nasty, I never found a cool XPG3 light I liked.
Maybe a 4000K XPG3 would be better this light?
Yes sir.

I have yet to see an XP-G3 that doesn't have bad tint shift, but maybe someone else has gotten lucky. The high-cri 4000K XP-G3s I tested were primarily green tinted with some wacky business at the edge.