Sky Lumen        

Thread: Fenix lantern cl25r issues

Default Fenix lantern cl25r issues

I have a cl25r and running into problem since day one on battery life. The light functions fine but when I recharge it and put it on a shelf I find the light red or blinking red 2-3weeks after recharging the battery is this normal? Itís frustrating to grab it to work on my car today and itís red or blinking red within minutes of on time in med mode. I can never run it high because it dies to quick.

Default Re: Fenix lantern cl25r issues

Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    I have a cl25r and running into problem since day one on battery life. The light functions fine but when I recharge it and put it on a shelf I find the light red or blinking red 2-3weeks after recharging the battery is this normal? Itís frustrating to grab it to work on my car today and itís red or blinking red within minutes of on time in med mode. I can never run it high because it dies to quick.
    Either your batteries in it are shot or the circuitry has some high drain current usage to it. Years ago I bought an old 8D fluorescent lantern made by Rayovac at a flea market for $4 and too it home and it worked and had a nice set of U tubes (no black ends) but after a few days the nimh batteries I had wired to it were dead and I found out the circuit was draining the batteries at a rate of about 15ma. It is possible you have a bad circuit draining the batteries but you would have to use an ammeter on a low current scale to confirm it.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.