LM Toolworks - Leo Maquiniana

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to devote this thread to Leo's work as he's much more active on FB but the rest of the world shouldn't be deprived of his art.

Leo is based in the Philippines where he painstakingly produces and engraves all his lights by hand on a manual lathe in a tiny 117 square foot shop with McGyvered tools. Amazing what can be done with real talent.

Foq6Hh7.jpg
aTizxF6.jpg
hhwE0jS.jpg

Angle grinder made from a 12v car horn

QzcToJl.jpg

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LM Toolworks - Leo Maquiniana (Pic Heavy)

From my personal collection, a matching light and pen set

QhE2gQc.jpg

8hgfhC6.jpg

k0yt0LR.jpg

4X4wkTm.jpg

F7DgN0O.jpg

78HrSjq.jpg

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
A graver he fashioned himself and a light he made with it (also now in my collection)

MUPplZa.jpg

qnq3Z8u.jpg

qaVD8Dd.jpg

mDBGq0P.jpg

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some more pieces with less engraving and more of a clean looking aesthetic

NpA5bE9.jpg

UQTbur7.jpg

vePCkq6.jpg

This one has the names of the owner's children engraved on it

CkMIl0J.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
STOP! This guys makes these masterpieces with the tools he has and in a less then hospitable place like that???
Absolutely amazing!!

easilyled

Flashaholic
It is truly inspiring what some people are capable of. I love the brass/copper hybrid with the engraving on the brass body but plain on the rest that is third from the bottom pictured in the OP.
Anyway, could I have one like that built?

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are Gorgeous. Thanks for posting. How can I get one?

His workload is pretty heavy right now so I dont know if he's taking commissioned orders, best way to contact him is through FB or just message me and I'll see what I can do. I believe he'll be setting up an account here too so you can wait for that.

STOP! This guys makes these masterpieces with the tools he has and in a less then hospitable place like that???
Absolutely amazing!!

Talk about less than hospitable, here's some photos he took of a nearby volcano eruption back in January

p1pnob4.jpg

c1d8ZPN.jpg

easilyled, see my response to ipaulr above

I just added Leo yesterday, and had to stop myself from inquiring about a custom for me. :)

Are you from the Phil too, Ozy?

I'm in the US, just trying to help out Leo as his art deserves some widespread recognition

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! The Arcadia is my favorite. The attention to detail and the perfect pattern reproduced over and over, simply amazing!

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leo is currently working on his first exotic metal light, Mokume Gane with sterling silver Celtic knot inlay.

S4wPEvx.jpg

ZQYFXB6.jpg

uFXupws.jpg

9FQw504.jpg

jZtxa5b.jpg

As far as I'm aware this is the first flashlight with sterling silver inlay or elements, I'd love to confirm if that's accurate.