Where to buy aspheric lens and holders?

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know where one might look to purchase an aspheric lens and some type of holder for adjusting focal length? I've been looking and haven't even found the lenses to be readily available, but I may not be looking in the right places, so I'm asking for help.

Thanks

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the same, and did not find what I'm looking for so I thought I might get some feedback on here from the ones who have made purchases.

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't remember aspheric lenses and holders being commonplace back when I used to frequent this forum. Based on the low volume of returned search results that doesn't seem to have changed, so a simple optic and holder from one of the name brand manufacturers will probably be the easiest and most cost effective solution.

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illumn has a lens and holder made for the P60 drop in.

Thanks I checked it out. Looks like it's just over 1" OD, which will work for my project. Still have to figure out a holding apparatus for focal length adjustment, which doesn't look too promising aside from designing and making it myself. For anyone who may find this thread in the future that's looking for various aspheric lens sizes, reasonable quality for reasonable price, check Optolife dot com (don't think I'm supposed to post links? Seems like I remember that being an issue at some point). I found them through a nice review on one of the rival forums (whose name thou shalt not speak here lol.....). If this is not the case, let me know and I'll gladly post links to both for future reference.

Casey

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... For anyone who may find this thread in the future that's looking for various aspheric lens sizes, reasonable quality for reasonable price, check Optolife dot com (don't think I'm supposed to post links? Seems like I remember that being an issue at some point). I found them through a nice review on one of the rival forums (whose name thou shalt not speak here lol.....). If this is not the case, let me know and I'll gladly post links to both for future reference....

Oh I think that most here will be able to find what you are referring to above, without needing to post direct links.

Thanks ;)

By the way, two more potential sources (albeit likely at higher price point, and top quality) may be Edmund Optics and Thorlabs.

Last edited:

digitalsurf

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for the info. I too have been on the search for an aspheric lens for my AAA Massdrop and Lumintop Ti lights. There's something beautiful in an all floody beam.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's fine for flood to, but then you need to put the lense really close to the led, like the old 4 sevens p0. Just tried a asperic lense in my tool ti, lense came out of a old canon camera. The distance from the led to the lense was too long. Result is the beam becomes too narrow. I'ts like a zoomie right in between full focus and full flood. Need to cut the head down and put the lense way closer to the led for a wider flood beam.

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's just that it is much easier to leave out the optic altogether, as a mule, if what you want is full flood :shrug:

There's something about the way the lens focuses the light into an extremely useful and even flood that just makes it different. It's way more flood than any reflector lights I can think of (although I've been out of the game for a while lol), but not as much flood as led with no optic. So it's wide/floody enough to be extremely useful, but with a very even pattern. Like McGizmo's SunDrop. I always thought that was a cool light. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?199058-The-SunDrop

archimedes

Flashaholic
Last edited: