Angryfox        

Thread: Connector Type??

Default Connector Type??

Can someone tell me the generic name or type of connector this is?

https://www.peakbeam.com/products/vehicle-adapters/mba-7200/

Default Re: Connector Type??

Quote Originally Posted by eyesonfire View Post
    Can someone tell me the generic name or type of connector this is?

https://www.peakbeam.com/products/vehicle-adapters/mba-7200/
    I don't know for sure, looks like Amphenol brand or similar, likely member "BVH" would also know, some others here too.

I bought the male and female Maxabeam connector housings and crimp/solder terminals years ago from Mouser/digikey or one of the 4 electronic parts suppliers. I think I even posted here on CPF about it. Let me try to find it - if I did post.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    I bought the male and female Maxabeam connector housings and crimp/solder terminals years ago from Mouser/digikey or one of the 4 electronic parts suppliers. I think I even posted here on CPF about it. Let me try to find it - if I did post.
    Thank you!!

Well, i found a post that said I bought a kit from Peakbeam for between $25 and $35. I'll look and see what I have, if anything and see if there are any markings on them.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

I can give you these part numbers that work on Mouser.

1. Male gold pin terminal 66099-3
    2. Female gold receptical terminal 66101-3
    3. Flanged, male quick-thread plastic connector female internals (fitted with male pins) 206061-1
    4. Circular connector with swivel nut to mate with above connector (uses female receptacle terminals) 206060-1

None of these appears to be the specific flange connector you're after but by searching the above connector numbers on Mouser, you can usually find the mating connector part number under "related items" on the connector page. If you have the option, you could buy one of each of the connectors I listed above and they will mate. It's just the reversed gender from what you're looking for.

Last edited by BVH; 11-03-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    I can give you these part numbers that work on Mouser.

1. Male gold pin terminal 66099-3
    2. Female gold receptical terminal 66101-3
    3. Flanged, male quick-thread plastic connector female internals (fitted with male pins) 206061-1
    4. Circular connector with swivel nut to mate with above connector (uses female receptacle terminals) 206060-1

None of these appears to be the specific flange connector you're after but by searching the above connector numbers on Mouser, you can usually find the mating connector part number under "related items" on the connector page. If you have the option, you could buy one of each of the connectors I listed above and they will mate. It's just the reversed gender from what you're looking for.

Thanks for finding the info. Appreciate it.

They are made by "TE Connectivity"
    Its been a long time since I was looking for connectors, but I think BVH's part numbers are correct.
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

Looks similar to an old CB radio mic cord connector.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

The MBA-7200 is a Peak Beam Systems part number for a 12v bulkhead receptacle for use with a Maxabeam Searchlight. There is also a corresponding MBA-7100 cord for connecting to the power socket (aka cigarette lighter socket) in a vehicle.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.