Olight RX3? 3 x XP-L HD CW. (Got the wrong light when ordering a Olight R50 Pro).

Sgt.HL

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone. First real post apart from the "introduction" one. :)

A few days ago i ordered a Olight R50 Pro on sale (30% discount) from a local outdoors-suppliers website here in Sweden. When i got it in the mail i got a little surprise, it wasn´t the light i had ordered. As a matter of fact i had never even heard about a Olight RX3. While googling for it i basically found nothing apart from the fact that thatparticular chain of stores has a light called Olight RX3 for sale. It has 3 x XP-L HD CW according to the info on the box and both lumen, throw distance and running time is supposed to be better than that of the R50 Pro.

First i thought that maybe the store was trying to sell me a counterfeit-light, since i couldn´t find any information about it. I was ready to send it back and not pay for it at first. When i got in contact with their customer service they told me that someone had messed up. They had never had any Olight R50 Pros in store at all, but they had the Olight RX3 which was a model they claimed Olight made specifically for them.

Now i´m thinking maybe i should keep that light (haven´t opened the box yet so i can send it back if i want to, free of charge). What do you think? I was looking fo a 1 x XHP70 and not 3 x XP-L but the specs seem really good (3300 lumens, maximum of 55 hours and 290m throw) all actually better than the Olight R50 Pro. The price was that of a R50 Pro -30%. Also that flashlight seems to be as as rare as snow in the sahara desert, atleast in the rest of the world (if i´m wrong please tell me).

Has anyone here got any experience from the flashlight in question? I can´t find anything about it. Do you think i should keep it? I was looking for a "wall of light" from a pocketable flashlight and it seems like i got one.

IBuENzM.jpg

dhkLdOe.jpg

w124wGd.jpg
8kEL7vp.jpg

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
The RX3 looks like a mini version of the Q8. The Q8 is a monster out in the open field, and it's no surprise the throw specs are higher on the RX3 verses the R50. It all comes down to the slight smoothness in overall beam geometry that the R50 should provide in comparison to highly efficient output of the optic system in the RX3.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Also could just be in the wrong box. Won't know what light you have till you open it.