• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Auction: SOLD - Neo Beam 4 AA - Lux III for CPF!

flash....

Enlightened
Hello everyone,

For your viewing pleasure....
Introducing the NEO BEAM LUX III! (Or maybe you can come up with something more catchy?)
4-4-4.jpg

I have this light (one on the left) for sale to the highest bidder.
100% of the proceeds will go for the benifit of CPF.
This auction will end this comming Monday 03\08\04 at 7PM Eastern Time.
The sale will be limited to a domestic delivery address only.

The Story:
A while back, Miciobigio was kind enough to post the NEO BEAM up Free to a modder-4 AA mini-mag-PICS up for grabs.
I thought I would mod it and put it up for auction here.
It took a while before I could get to work on it... but, better late than never... heh. (makes me feel better anyhow)

It is very well made, feels thicker and much more solid than a typical Mini Mag.
It Holds 4AA's that power a DownBoy 700 and Lux III combo through an NX-05 w\UCL Lens. The Lux III emmitter came from Elektrolumins a while back and I don't know the bin. However, the Lux III is Bright, White and looks good to me as far as Lux III's go.
The light gets only slightly warm under continous use and seems to run forever on just a set of Alks. (I bet it would really be sweet filled with lithiiums) The light is strudy enough that, you could carry it and feel comfortable with it for defense should the need arise. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

I have included all my mod pics so you can see exactly what you are getting.
My pic hosting sight has been a bit slow lately so pardon the load times if they seem a bit slow.

On the original post Miciobigio showed a great pic of the stock elements of the light so, I wont re-post those... but here is the stock beam shot at 10 feet with fixed 1/2 sec exposure.
4-3-4.jpg

Yech! ... No Worries.. We Fix this!!

I heated, sanded and filled the stock threaded incan brass bulb holder ring with silver solder to provide a really good thermal path for the Downboy and the Lux III. I also drilled to two side holes for the LS leads back to the converter.
4-3-5.jpg

I then attached the LuxIII, Downboy 700 and Artic Silvered the whole lot into a really nice tasty sandwich. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
4-4-2.jpg

Then the new Sandwich screws down into body and the head is threaded on.
Both are Artic Silvered in place to provide good thermal transmission and keeps the head being inadvertantly turned as the light is now fixed focus.
Added NX-05, UCL Lens and o-ring to bezel. Lastly, gave it a Kroll and fresh Batts.
4-5-1.jpg

Ok, Well for all the hard work, you get this sweet beamshot!
Same 1/2 second fixed exposure at 10 feet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
4-4-3.jpg

It's bright! and has good enough heat sinking ability to run continously without getting hot. Boy, was it was worth it!

I added one last pic to show the unique details of the body Spiral knurling pattern... This is one unique light!
4-5-3.jpg

I had fun Modding it and hope someone will enjoy it with CPF in mind!
The final high bid will need to be paypal'd to Sasha at [email protected] Or have other arangements made with Sasha
Thanks to Miciobigio, Thanks to CPF and...
Thanks for looking!

KingSmono

Enlightened
Re: Auction: Neo Beam 4 AA - Lux III - DB700 for CPF!

Awesome man! Thanks for your efforts and your generosity! I'll get the ball rolling at 40 dollars! (sure it won't last long, but what the hey...) At least if I won, it wouldn't have to travel very far! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
-Allen

Greta

Flashaholic

Flash...

VERY COOL!! THANK YOU!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is the light I've imagined and tried to describe many times.

I like my LGI II because it is bright and the length allows me to use it for picking around in my bag.

A 4AA DownBoy 700 regulated Lux III? Oh, yea. Plus I've always wanted a flash....light.

Gotta think of a name though.

Anyway. SeizeTheDay, LionKing, FrenchConnection, ItalianAutomaticPistol, ObsessiveCompulsion and BlackBoardJungle...How about a little sympathy on this one? No? OK. Bring it.

<font color="green">$100.00</font>

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

<font color="green">$123.45</font>

Yes, I bid against myself. How many times have I seen the auction winner do this? A bunch-o-times.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

Flash...
That is a very nice mod you have there. It will be a lucky winner who gets this.
100% proceeds for CPF.
You /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

flash....

Enlightened
Re: Auction: Neo Beam 4 AA - Lux III - DB700 for C

Simply Awesome!!
Thanks for all the support!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

flash.... -

Unsuprisingly fine work on this unique torch.

6 p.m. Central Standard Time tomorrow evening is perfect for me. I'll be here.

Also, darn generous of you to do this for CPF.

- Jeff

Miciobigio

Enlightened

Thanks flash.. super-nice work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
Thanks to Icebreak !

Greta

Flashaholic

45 minutes left on this one!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Miciobigio -

Do you know who the original manufacturer was or the company that sold this?

Also, I had forgot to mention that your jesture of giving this free to a ModMan was awfully nice. Looks like it's going even better than you intended.

- Jeff

flash....

Enlightened

And there it is!!

Going once, Going Twice....

SOLD! to Icebreak for $125.00!!!

YOU /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif SIR!!

As soon as Sasha gives me the go I will send this puppy out.
Icebreak.. Please PM me with an adress and any special instructions you may require.

Thanks again!!!!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

flash…. –

What? Was that wrong? Heh heh. I learned that technique from JonSidney and McGizmo. Works great 'cause hey, I just won my first auction. Seriously I've been wanting something like this for a long time. The bonuses are that some nice things are associated with it…and now I can say I own a flash….light.

Sasha –

PayPal sent.

Thank you very much for your efforts on this as well as all the other things I know you do. More importantly, thank you for all the stuff I don't know you do.

flash….again –

PM sent with mailing instructions.

Thanks again for making this one of a kind light. I'm really going to enjoy it.

Miciobigio –

Thank you for your kind deed.

- Jeff

Greta

Flashaholic

Paypal received! Jeff is a nut... LOL!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Thanks guys... truly... you guys are the best... and this place and ALL of you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

flash... ship it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miciobigio

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
Miciobigio -

Do you know who the original manufacturer was or the company that sold this?

Also, I had forgot to mention that your jesture of giving this free to a ModMan was awfully nice. Looks like it's going even better than you intended.

- Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff,

sorry for not answering but i was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif , do not know the company , i had lost the original package as usual ...

Thanks to you and Flash.. for your generosity.

Regards.