Is my new Nitecore HC65 faulty?

Sleddogger

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone come across this issue before?

I just received my new Nitecore HC65 but the main beam appears to only have 3 levels at what I'm guessing to be low / med / turbo.
Full click to turn on then half click cycles through the 3 levels til it reaches max. (a double click from off gives me the same level as the max of the three selectable levels so I'm guessing that's turbo) any further half clicks doesnt do anything but a double half click returns to the lowest of the 3 settings.
There appears to be ultra low and the max level missing.

There also appears to be a brief flicker when switching levels, is that normal for this style of switch?
Am I missing something obvious or do you reckon it's faulty?

https://youtu.be/qQ1DS689_mo
My last 2 half clicks don't do anything to the brightness.

Hoping you tell me I'm being a numpty and just doing it wrong!)

Thanks!

Last edited:

overload001

Newly Enlightened
That's not normall...Maybe 3 modes means the battery is almost empty?Have you tried a different battery?
Mine has 5 modes, double click from off is turbo, then half clicks to cycle through 5 modes.
The headlamp reacts on every (half)click very well, it doesn't flicker at all...
Where did you bought it?

Last edited:

colina

Newly Enlightened
Ordered my HC65 yesterday...

What does your battery level indicator show if you re-insert the battery?

Sleddogger

Newly Enlightened
It came from Fasttech and had 3.5v in the cell. I've got it on charge so we'll see if that makes a difference.

overload001

Newly Enlightened
You can check if your driver looks the same as this one:

j79u7c.jpg

Sleddogger

Newly Enlightened
Thanks folks, I'm pretty sure it's authentic. It appears this light misbehaves when it gets down to 3.5v. Just tested it on a full charge and all ok! Phew!Good to know though!

Sleddogger

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I'm still learning when it comes to this new tech. in my head 3.5 isnt even halfway empty lol