ArmyTek        

Thread: Hold the button down = more light?

Unenlightened

Default Hold the button down = more light?

Hi

I have a ledlenser T7M, there is a thing i dont understand about the button.

Is it normal, that when you hold the button completely down, it give more light/power? When i do that on my ledlenser it give more light, when i release the button so it is just on, i can see the light fall a tiny bit.

I'd rather hold the button in to give a little more power when i use it, but now i was thinking if there was something wrong with it?

Default Re: Hold the button down = more light?

Sounds like the switch isn't making optimal contact when you switch it on. Not sure how this switch functions, but it seems like holding it down makes a better contact and allows for an increase in current.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

I started my flashlight obsession when my father in law gave me my first Led Lenser light. At one point I had 9 or 10. 7 of them had switch failures between 18 months & two years. They are not easily repaired(in my humble opinion). I am unaware of any of their lights that might have a “Turbo” mode-that’s the only other possible explanation I could think of-perhaps an email to them to ask might be a good idea....

That used to be known as turbo before the days of 658 lumens from a triple A for 18 seconds then 49 lumens steady.

My P7 does reverse clicks. Push for turbo, release to on, push again for turbo, release for low.
    John 3:16

Yes it's turbo , half press & hold for momentary turbo (300 lumens ish ) press all the way to the click for high (250 lumens ish).