Hold the button down = more light?

Bugge

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I have a ledlenser T7M, there is a thing i dont understand about the button.

Is it normal, that when you hold the button completely down, it give more light/power? When i do that on my ledlenser it give more light, when i release the button so it is just on, i can see the light fall a tiny bit.

I'd rather hold the button in to give a little more power when i use it, but now i was thinking if there was something wrong with it?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like the switch isn't making optimal contact when you switch it on. Not sure how this switch functions, but it seems like holding it down makes a better contact and allows for an increase in current.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started my flashlight obsession when my father in law gave me my first Led Lenser light. At one point I had 9 or 10. 7 of them had switch failures between 18 months & two years. They are not easily repaired(in my humble opinion). I am unaware of any of their lights that might have a "Turbo" mode-that's the only other possible explanation I could think of-perhaps an email to them to ask might be a good idea....

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That used to be known as turbo before the days of 658 lumens from a triple A for 18 seconds then 49 lumens steady.

My P7 does reverse clicks. Push for turbo, release to on, push again for turbo, release for low.

Nev

Banned
Yes it's turbo , half press & hold for momentary turbo (300 lumens ish ) press all the way to the click for high (250 lumens ish).

Bugge

Newly Enlightened
Thx, turbo mode.. I had not read that anywhere with a T7M. But it must be that :thumbsup: