What bin on Pelican M6 LED?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I now have a Q3J at 667 to 700 mA with my friend Owen having the same as well as a 3 watt SWAM.
When comparing these LEDs with,other lights we own,the modded ones really outclass the others luxeons.
When compared with the Pelican the PM6 makes them look a little dull.It is absolutly solid white and blinding.The tint is incredible and I am curious to know if anyone knows what the bin coding is on the PM6?
I really do not yet have a grasp of the coding and can not even guess at what it may be.I just know that it is very,very white.Anyone care to even guess or give me a suggestion at what they think it may be?
Also is it the actual grade of luxeon used or does the reflector have anything to do with the performance of the Pelican?I do realize the reflector makes it have the great throw that it is capable of but do not think this helps the actual color of the luxeon.Thanks for any input on this..

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im gonna stick my neck out here and say that reflectors DO make a difference to the tint. In my limited experience, the hotspot of a reflectored Luxeon tends to be white, with the tint only visible in the spill.
I dont have a PM6-LED, so i couldnt tell you what bin they use, but id bet it varies from unit to unit.
For a guiide to bin codes, have a look at dat2zips page here . I still refer to this guide ever since the new binning system was introduced, theres just too many bins for me to memorize.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think stipled or stochastic reflectors would even or average out any tint variant in an LED, but it shouldn't change the tint unless the reflector itself is tinted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the LED in Robocop's PM6 looks very similar to my WA, though the WA looks a tad violet next to it. PM6 maybe a bit greener/yellower, bringing out a little red/blue in the WA when side by side. Not a big difference, but picking out subtle color variations used to be my job...
Both look great standing alone.
His PM6 is very bright, too.