What are your current top 2 favorite VN modded lights and why? (Limit TWO)

For sake of discussion and gaining a deeper understanding of what makes your beautiful Vinh modded lights your #1 and #2...

Please limit to TWO favorites. I know it's a tough decision when you own many lights for different uses, but if you could only keep 2, which would they be and why?

I'll begin:

#1 Favorite: MT18vn Nichia 219C
Because it is my first popcan light and when you combine awesome runtimes, wonderful tint, and perfect tail standing capabilities, and the occasional turbo blast of 13k lumens, you get an incredibly useful flashlight around the house and for general outdoor purposes in large open areas. It's also the first light that I've owned which has the capability to start fires by heat emitted from the LEDs themselves! Takes a little while but... oh so impressive haha. (Don't try this at home.) Basically if the power goes out at home, there's no light I'd rather have with me of my current collection.

#2 Favorite: D4vn XPG-2
Because it's literally the pocket friendly version of the MT18. I love the smoothed out flat beam pattern this quad puts out. No distracting hotspot to deter my focus while working on something. It's also my first infinite ramping UI light. I really enjoy having complete control over the output to maximize runtime efficiency for my use purposes. Can't beat the price either!

By sharing your favorite 2 lights as of current, (subject to change, please quote your previous post and update when needed as you acquire new VN lights) hopefully you will motivate others to make similar purchases with your enthusiasm for a particular Vinh work of art!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
1. TN42vn90: Everything I ever wanted in a thrower. High output, large hot spot, intense throw, perfect beam. Other than price what is not to love.

2. Hard to pick a second as there are too many that fall in this spot but if I have to then I will just go with the X80vn because of its extreme flood and excellent heat management due to lot of LEDs under driven at lower levels. This light can practically run 4000 Lumen non stop. The max 30K+ Lumen takes the light to another level. Sorry MT18vn! I love you but you are bigger and heavier in comparison.

So many more but if you limit to two only... LOL

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goliath and D4VN, but I must add honorable mention for the tiny new "Tange". It is not your typical "take a great light and make it even better, VN style", but a really useful mini that is an original Vinh Sky Lumen offering....

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blf gtvn90.. very powerful light. Everything is good except the price.. led alone cost $120.. run coupler to get more runtime.. ( waiting ).

deerelight xsvn. Olson. Extreme Long range thrower.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
TN42vn90 it's the true high output dedicated thrower!

MH23vn xhp35 HD is small but packs a punch. Great balance of flood and throw.

SKV89

Enlightened
Skylumen Delta. Portable and super fun throwy beam. Next version hopefully will have the upgraded Oslon White Flat.

Sky

Newly Enlightened
+1 Skylumen Delta. People can't believe the throw for its size. I showed it to one of the local State Trooper and all he could say was "Holly S___.

I'm so excited to get my Delta hopefully this week! Hearing nothing but great things haha. Thank you all for your comments and feedback so far! Don't forget to keep your post updated by editing when a new VN light takes the place of a previous #1 or #2 spot!

ChrisDonaldson

Newly Enlightened
This is easy for me, because I only have two Vinh lights.

My TN42vn and my Acebeam L16vn.

The
TN42vn is just a monster. Can't justify it (yet), but would LOVE to upgrade this to the TN42vn90. Some day.
I use my L16vn almost every day for running. For me, it's just the best all-rounder, and fits the bill for any purpose. These two accompany me on every camp-out, and I always get comments on how amazingly bright and useful the lights are.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
When I have the time I will make a list of all the lights I recommend and why for reference.

Truly looking forward to that list Vinh! Your feelings and opinions weigh greatly in our eyes :)
Thank you for sharing in the discussion in post #2 here!

Last edited:

Steeldog

Newly Enlightened
1. TN42vn90 V2

2. Skylumen Delta

I have other flashlights I use for work that have specific purposes. When the TN42vn90 and Skylumen Delta come out its all for fun and I'm all smiles. My other lights don't do that for me. They just do their job. Lol.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two VN lights that I still have and love are the:

1st place: T21vn Flat Black
2nd place: TN40vn 4x 4000k XHP35 HI

The others I had were L6vn XHP70.2 6500k, U21vn XPL PDT, L2vn SST40 SD, ROT66vn 9x LH351D + Lee804. They were all good, but not quite as lovely as the two I've kept.

Oh, I guess if you consider Vinh putting the Lee804 filter over my ROT66 9x SST20, then that is by far and away my #1.. love this light so much.

hjdca

Newly Enlightened
The two VN lights that I still have and love are the:

1st place: T21vn Flat Black
2nd place: TN40vn 4x 4000k XHP35 HI

The others I had were L6vn XHP70.2 6500k, U21vn XPL PDT, L2vn SST40 SD, ROT66vn 9x LH351D + Lee804. They were all good, but not quite as lovely as the two I've kept.

Oh, I guess if you consider Vinh putting the Lee804 filter over my ROT66 9x SST20, then that is by far and away my #1.. love this light so much.

I just got my prototype RO66 SST20 from the Thanksgiving sale and put some vapcell high drain 20 amp cells in it. Great Light ! 20 amp cells definitely light it up more than the high drain sanyo 10 amp cells and the old Panasonic 6 amp green cells (showing their age now). Comparing them both in direct drive, full blast it to my Okluma DC2 with the 20 amp cell and N219c, the tint is much more on the yellow green side, and the N219c looks more rosy, but, both still very high CRI and the colors look good with both. I guess the Lee804 filter will even give better tint. Mine is easy to take apart, so, maybe I will try that filter myself. Thanks.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my prototype RO66 SST20 from the Thanksgiving sale and put some vapcell high drain 20 amp cells in it. Great Light ! 20 amp cells definitely light it up more than the high drain sanyo 10 amp cells and the old Panasonic 6 amp green cells (showing their age now). Comparing them both in direct drive, full blast it to my Okluma DC2 with the 20 amp cell and N219c, the tint is much more on the yellow green side, and the N219c looks more rosy, but, both still very high CRI and the colors look good with both. I guess the Lee804 filter will even give better tint. Mine is easy to take apart, so, maybe I will try that filter myself. Thanks.

Rot66 is benefit from using a high drain.. i find sony vtc5a put out as much as 1000 more lumen than samsung 30q..

another great thing about rot66 is that unprotected flat top fits perfectly well...

try some unprotected sony vtc5a flat top and you will be amazed..

The Twins -

Sol4BtE.jpg

Versatility.

~ Chance