ArmyTek        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are your current top 2 favorite VN modded lights and why? (Limit TWO)

Default Re: What are your current top 2 favorite VN modded lights and why? (Limit TWO)

Quote Originally Posted by bjs55 View Post
    1) delta oslon black
    2tn42vn black
    Thrower guy, eh?

Nice, what reasons did you chose those over others in your collection?

Default Re: What are your current top 2 favorite VN modded lights and why? (Limit TWO)

throwers nothing but!!!
    delta for compact size with monster throw for size
    tn42vn black for pencil beam over I million kcd
    with beam divergence the more lightv you put into a compact beam the more will stay on target at a distance
    or maybe i'm mistaken?

maybe acebeam W30 next

Yes the less the beam spreads the more light can be put further down target. That's why lasers can throw so long.

maybe acebeam W30 next
    Check out mateminco mt35vn white 2mm. Skylumen measured 1000 lumen/ 450kcd.. i got 1282 lumen. My measurement are with the texas ace lumen tube with the calibrated light.. i am strongly recommend this light for $100. The light is very powerful @ 370 lumen already, and gives longer runtime.. of course , turbo will be 3 times brighter..

already got it, very nice light cant beat the price

already got it, very nice light cant beat the price
    Cool. This is my first white 2. I like it a lot.. look like skylumen give the full max amp on this mt35vn.

My next light will be triple white2 with the big reflector.

great output and should throw well also

If I have to pick just two, I'd have to go with;

D4Svn Spec 5 White2, black body, red aux led's. These things are addictive, I already want a bunch more in W2 with different housing and aux colors!

The other is my newly acquired X70vn spec 3 hybrid.

1. X65vn. Because it is still not yet superseded.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?408676-Favorite-V54-Light&p=5115673&viewfull=1#post5115673
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    1. X65vn. Because it is still not yet superseded.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?408676-Favorite-V54-Light&p=5115673&viewfull=1#post5115673
    Imalent R90TS? Heh.

Imalent R90TS? Heh.
    I just got mine in the mail from Vinh 24.5 hours ago.

2. Imalent R90TS. Because it has, so far, for the past 24.5 hours, successfully superseded the X65vn.
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Anyone have new favorite lights from recent sales?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Anyone have new favorite lights from recent sales?
    Yeah, you know me with those darn E07s. I just think it's a timeless design and great performer. I just enjoyed another mountain bike ride with the aluminum one mounted to the helmet last night. I ran it at about 2000 lumens steady. It never got hot and after 90 minute ride, still was at 3.3V.

Update 6/2/19
    #1 Favorite: Micro GTvn W2
    This little thrower is simply mind blowing... 1k lumens and 120kCD In a 35mm head using a single 14500 is HEAVENLY. I donít always EDC this light due to its size, but anytime I am wearing a suit/lightweight jacket of any sort, or have extra pocket space, this is easily my go-to Every. Single. Time. For me personally, this light takes first place over the Skylumen Delta and even the Goliath V2vn W1! While I love the other two mentioned, when you compare the size, weight, throw and output over these 3... the Micro GTvn W2 proves that it can fill any EDC throwing need or want, without the nuisance of size and weight of other larger throwers. It still shoots a truly impressive light-saber-like beam into the night sky, and I donít miss the Delta when I have the Micro GTvn W2 with me, unlike the Goliath V2vn W1, while still dropping jaws in its tiny size, leaves more to be desired in the throw department.

#2 Favorite: FW3Avn triple W1 (FiatLux!!!)
    Despite my initial unassuredness prior to receiving this beauty, I have come to love the balance of output, throw, and heat management properties that this light exhibits. I was initially concerned that due to the late release of the W2 version, (3750Lm, 44kCD) I would regret choosing the W1 (2k lm, 45kCD) but after receiving this light, I can confidently say that I made the right decision. A 1x18650 with a 25mm head simply does not serve any ounce of practicality at 3k+ lumens. It just canít handle the heat, and it will step down immediately and leave you with a feeling of dissatisfaction when you try to enjoy max turbo or show it off to your friends. On the other hand, I strongly feel that 2,000-2,500 lumens is the perfect amount for a hot-rod triple/quad, 1x18650 <30mm head setup. Plus, the thermal step down is not very noticeable thanks to the smooth decrease, instead of flashes as it lowers.

Compared to my old D4vn XPG2 quad, which had more lumens but much less throw, in a bigger package, It is a no brainer. The FW3A W1 is simply better in every regard. The D4vn with W1/W2 quads may be a different story, but I may never find out, as the FW3A triple W1 thoroughly satisfies me.

Thanks for your hard work Vinh!
    Update 9/4/19
    I have to update my #1 favorite, as I no longer own the Micro GTvn W2.... it was been replaced by the Micro GTvn W1.1! Less lumens, but better heat management! Less drain on the tiny 1000mah battery, so that excites me. But more excitingly, is the extra 100m of throw and 30k lux intensity increase. I canít honestly remember the difference visually, but I do recall a larger hotspot of the W2. I was certainly impressed at turn on, and to know that I have so much throw power in such a tiny package is just exhilarating! Canít wait to use it around friends and family for real life applications!

Most often, I use my EDC light to shine along a path of a friend or relative walking to their car at night, in a large parking lot or at the end of my driveway, to let them see their way safely into their cars. Itís fun to have such capabilities from a distance, and they thank me, yelling out from the distance as they get into the drivers seat.
    Last edited by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen; 09-04-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Update 9/4/19
    I have to update my #1 favorite, as I no longer own the Micro GTvn W2.... it was been replaced by the Micro GTvn W1.1! Less lumens, but better heat management! Less drain on the tiny 1000mah battery, so that excites me. But more excitingly, is the extra 100m of throw and 30k lux intensity increase. I canít honestly remember the difference visually, but I do recall a larger hotspot of the W2. I was certainly impressed at turn on, and to know that I have so much throw power in such a tiny package is just exhilarating! Canít wait to use it around friends and family for real life applications!

Most often, I use my EDC light to shine along a path of a friend or relative walking to their car at night, in a large parking lot or at the end of my driveway, to let them see their way safely into their cars. Itís fun to have such capabilities from a distance, and they thank me, yelling out from the distance as they get into the drivers seat.
    My Micro GTvn is being built, probably end up being a favorite.
    Right now its an E07 Ti/Cu HC for me i had a plain stock E07 it just needed a little more throw which is what i got with this light built by Vinh. Wall of light plus enough cd/throw together.
    Next is the Hybrid D4S, another nice throw/flood (bit more throwish which i prefer) a lot of the time factory stock lights just dont hit the mark, then its time to check the SkyLumen shop!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12