High power bulb for Minimag 2xnimh

ForCes

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I´m searching for a high power bulb for the Minimag
with 2,4v (2xnimh). Around 0,5 to 2 A be fine.
A fitting metal reflector would fine too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Can anybody help me ?

greenLED

Flashaholic
I just bought a minimag Luxeon replacement bulb from Tactical Warehouse for about $25. (They're actually made by TerraLux ) It's waaaaay brighter than the stock bulb and comes with a fitted reflector. I've had it for a couple of hours so I can't tell you much about runtimes but I'm happy with it. An alternative is to buy a Luxeon drop-in sandwich. They call those MadMax and/or Badboy. I've hear they're brighter. You can get those here. They're twice as expensive. If you get one of these let me know how you like them. There's also the Ill-Pill from Lambda. I hear this one's not as bright as the MadMax or BadBoy, but it may give you more runtime.
Migs

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
for 25 does it come regulated? or is it just DDing?

I want to put my I'll Pill With R3/4/h/j up against with a BB or MM 350...I know the Q2K I purchased is NOT as bright as the other leds, I think that the Q-binned LEDs may be the cuase of the lack of brightness? That and your probably getting a little less current. However at a fraction of the cost Its Great! I think Lambda is currently out of stock. I have to wonder if he is going to continue making more.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Hey Justintoxicated,

Newbie here, what's DD'ing? I double-checked my invoice, it was 32.95 total (24.95 for the LED, 8 for ultra-fast shipping) for the Terralux LED. That thing's bright! I can´t compare with the BB or MM, though. That'll be my next purchase. Have you tried the InReTech minimag replacements?

I checked with Lambda last week and he said he'll have more pills soon (no exact date).

Migs

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought and install two lights from dat2zip's sandwich shoppe hours ago. One was a BadBoy 400 mA with a Lux3S and the other was a MadMax Lite WO with a Lux3-T. The both come with first-class optics. Expensive, white output, very bright and not to be beat. I don't know which one is brighter but right now it looks like an even match; I'll have to wait until dark to find out. But, OUCH, don't look into one of these conversions. It is that bright.

The Inretech and its Luxeon is not even close to the MM or BB. Even with fresh alkyline batteries the Inretech is one notch lower in brightness and color. I've always been rather disappointed with the Intretech conversion.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a pewter Minimag so I could make a mini-SpaceNeedle to complement my SNII, since I have a Pewter SNII.

I have been watching here as people try to figure out the brightest, cheapest conversion.

Any thoughts on something that comes close to the same idea as the SNII, maybe a LuxIII with a buck/boost circuit?

Who makes a LuxIII dropin for the MM?

Bill

utomatoe

Enlightened
My recommendation would be to start with the TeraLux, it's easy to deal with and you'll see the benefits of LEDs right away. Then upgrade to a madmax/badboy sandwich and you'll appreciate the difference in brightness that justifies the additional cost.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I agree with utomatoe, I'm loving my Terralux LED.

How about runtime differences between the TerraLux and the MM/BB drop-in. Can anyone please point out some tests?