Current draw in my Arc4 ( all 16 levels )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
I received my Arc4+ 2nd monday and from monday it has not been more than 30 cm. distant from me , never !
It isn't the brightest little led flashlight that i own but if i had to choose to take only one flashlight it will be the winner . It is my new EDC light and only the Arc5 will replace it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif.

As all the owners of an Arc 2nd , i had to investigate why it is a 2nd.The look is just perfect , all the menus and the software options works OK, the beam is bright and white , ( only if i compare it head-to-head with a R3J or with one of my Arc-Lux III T it isn't as white as ...).
It is a little brighter than my Firefly+MM_R2H and a little less bright than my CNC-123+MM_LuxIII_T , looking at the "Runtime-Brightness test of This_is_Nascar" ( i also have a ArcLS Lux3 Fraen @740mA to compare with ) my Arc4+ 2nd seems as bright as the Arc4+ tested by TIN.
It is visible brighter than my ArcLS Q3J @400mA ( that is visible brighter than a LSHP ) but is 25-30% less bright than my ArcLS Lux3 T Fraen @740mA but this only with a new battery (beware the modded ArcLS has a much shorter runtime !!!! )

So i measured the current draw , can someone tell me if they are normal ? They seems ok to me.

3Volt Level 1 --- 820 mA -- 2.46 Watt
4Volt Level 1 --- 640 mA -- 2.56 Watt
5Volt Level 1 --- 520 mA -- 2.6 Watt
6Volt Level 1 --- 440 mA -- 2.64 Watt

now all the levels at 3 Volt :

1 --- 820 mA
2 --- 580 mA
3 --- 410 mA
4 --- 290 mA
5 --- 200 mA
6 --- 140 mA
7 --- 100 mA
8 --- 60 mA
9 --- 40 mA
10--- 28 mA
11--- 19 mA
12--- 13 mA
13--- 9 mA
14--- 6.8 mA
15--- 5 mA
16--- 4.2 mA

At the end i have to say that this is a "must have light" , if you like small led flashlight and if you are thinking of invest 80-100$ , do yourself a favor buy an Arc4+ 2nd, if you can spend the full 180$ you will be even more happy with an ARC4+ first ( but i don't know why /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Ciao.

KingSmono

Enlightened
I can't comment on the current draw, but I will add a big DITTO to all the other stuff!!! I have had my Arc4+ second for almost a month now, and I can also admit that it's NEVER been very far from my side! Well worth the money!!! Enjoy!

-Smono

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those look good to me. I've had seconds that draw nearly 2A!
They sure are bright though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Peter

Miciobigio

Enlightened
I just want to know from some owner of a Arc4+ first , when the Arc4+ become less bright than a LSHP , mine at level 1 and 2 is brighter and at level 3 is less brighter.

And yours ???

Francois1

Newly Enlightened
Mine is still as bright as my lshp at level 4. But this is not meaningful since the lshp have not a calibrated brightness: it would actually be better to use the arc4+'s calibrated brightness levels to evaluate the lshp's brightness :).

carmel

Newly Enlightened
I have both an Arc4+ first, and LSHP first; my feeling has always been that level 4 on the arc4+ is equivalent to my LSHP.

carmel

Status
Not open for further replies.