New and need directions,please.

FordPrefect

Newly Enlightened
Hello,all.I'm trying to decide between the Arc 4+ and the S.L. TL-2 led.How water resistant is the Tl-2?Would it survive the occasional beer-induced jump in a pool? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also, which one wins in the throw department?Any thoughts are welcome and thanks in advance.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is quite a price difference between the two. The Pelican M6 led would stomp them both. Batterystation has them for $45, a hell of a value.

I haven't followed the Arc4 but if it only differs from the LSx by variable output I would pass.

FordPrefect

Newly Enlightened
Thank you,Tkl.I will give the M6 a serious once over.I've carried a S.F.6p on duty & off for years,and very comfortably at that.I'm looking for the rough Led equivalent of the 6p with just perhaps a bit more water-resistance.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Arc4+ and the SL TL3 LED. The Streamlight is much brighter, but I prefer the Arc4+ by a wide margin. It has variable light intensity and awesome quality.

If you need more throw than the Arc4+, you probably need more than a pocket light, especially if run time is important. Then I'd go with the Surefire L6.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heavy Drinking ,light reading >>>>>>>>

Maybe you need a dive certified light.

You don't sound like a cop.

jbrett14

Enlightened
Josey: could you tell me what you like better about the Arc over the SL? How is the quality any better than an SL? I am curious because I have no Arcs. I find the SL to be of excellent quality, and can't imagine the Arc being that much better.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey jbrett14:

Yes, the Streamlight is excellent quality, but the Arc is better, both in the quality of components, its engineering and its design. Even little things like the pocket clip is better (thicker, stronger and better anchored) on the Arc. The SL uses a non-clickie switch, while the Arc's is state of the art.

I like the SL and I do appreciate its quality, but it can't match the Arc. Then again, Arc seems to be having quality-control problems and I would never buy an Arc 2nd -- just too much of a gamble for the money.

But the real test for me is which one I use: I never use the SL. For general use, I alway grab the Arc 4+. If I need more brightness, I grab the Surefire L6. If I need more than that, I grab the TigerLight.

Josey

FordPrefect

Newly Enlightened
I think my best bet is to try both the Arc4+ and the M6,my disappointment with the SureFire is I'm having really poor luck with replacement lamps not making it past one or two battery changes.My only concern with the Arc will be loss.It's a shame, my favorite light was once the Underwater Kinetics 2L.It was a good compromise of at least decent beam quality,run time,brightness and affordability.Now,the lamps are of spotty,at best,consistency.Thanks,Andy-U.S.C.G.

Psychomodo

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Josey said:

and I would never buy an Arc 2nd -- just too much of a gamble for the money.

Josey

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an Arc4+ second, and I can't fault it! Maybe I just hit lucky in the "second" lottery. Arc gives you 15 days to assess any "second" and if you are not satisfied, you can always return it.
Just my 2p worth (we don't have cents here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)