Arc AAA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazookus

Newly Enlightened
My shiny (heh-heh) new AAA Premium doesn't seem to want to turn on sometimes... I screw it in in exactly the same way I screw it in when it DOES turn on and, nada.

So I unscrew it, all the way, screw it back together, and it works for a while.

I'm all confused; it's a simple mechanism so there has to be a simple solution but maybe I'm not complicated enough to see it
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

davidra

Enlightened
Welcome from another newbie. This is a wellknown problem. I just found out about it here..... but there are many threads....

Fazookus

Newly Enlightened
Thanks.

Geez, I'm a little disappointed. Suppose I were to get into a flashlight fight and it didn't turn on!?!?!

Faz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

justjim

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Fazookus said:
Thanks.

Geez, I'm a little disappointed. Suppose I were to get into a flashlight fight and it didn't turn on!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]
Good one, Fazookus! As informatative as this forum is, I enjoy the humor displayed by posters just as much. Keep em coming...

-jim

jhereg

Enlightened
That's what you get when you carry a single shot flashlight. You need to purchase one of the new Hicap Assault Flashlights if you are going to get in a flashlight fight!

LEDMANIA

Newly Enlightened
Since when did you notice the problem,just recently? or since the first day you received your light. I'm a bit
concerned because my arc AAA premium does'nt show such
problem like yours and it's 8 days now since I bought it.
I hope it wont happen co'z when it does, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif....

spud

Newly Enlightened
"Thanks.

Faz"

If your going to bring an AAA to a flashlight fight expect to take some bruises.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't bring a peashooter flashlight to a flashlight fight. Use a long barreled flashlight with lots of power.

NoShadow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Fazookus said:
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never go to a flashlight fight without a 'shotgun' back up!
Carry a Surefire E2E in your ankle holster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LEDMANIA

Newly Enlightened
OVER DRIVE ARC AAA?

Just two days ago, I came accross to Craig Johnson's review
regarding arc AAA sample and mentioned from his
PROS and CONS that the current drawn by his arc AAA is 150ma.This really took my attention because my arc AAA P was measured 85ma.These current readings are the sum of the inverter plus the led. so the actual current drawn by the led is much less than that considering losses on converter side.My question is how did we get different readings for the same product? I raised this nonesense question because
I just want to know whether there is a power variation regarding premium edition vs. standard.Likewise,I also noted
Peter on his FAQ's that they slightly overdrive the led in arc AAA to about 45ma. another diff. readings.Well,for me I
just wish that the next latest version of arc AAA would be
slightly overdriven to about 150ma.(more brighter than previous model).this mean a lot brighter than the competing
brand of its size. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
-----------------------
List of current drawn by different brands
1.CMG sonic; 215ma.
2.Dorcy 1 AAA; 230ma

Fazookus

Newly Enlightened
"Since when did you notice the problem,just recently? or since the first day you received your light. I'm a bit
concerned because my arc AAA premium does'nt show such
problem like yours and it's 8 days now since I bought it.
I hope it wont happen co'z when it does, ...."

The problem was there from day one.

Fazookus

Newly Enlightened
"If your going to bring an AAA to a flashlight fight expect to take some bruises."

Point well taken. But I can see me going to an AA, then 123, and sooner or later I'll end up with a FMD*

Faz

*Flashlight of Mass Destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts