Review: Nitecore MH25GTS (Tactical, 1x18650, Rechargeable, XHP35HD)

Budda

Enlightened
I received the MH25GTS from Nitecore for the review.

The light comes in this box, with manual, spare o-rings, clip, cigar ring and holster.
Nitecore_MH25GTS_01.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_02.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_03.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_11.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_16.jpg

At the head there's an electronic switch with a metal cover and a blue LED underneath it
Nitecore_MH25GTS_14.jpg

The Smooth reflector and the XHP35HD emitter.
Nitecore_MH25GTS_10.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_15.jpg

At the tailcap, beside the mechanical forward switch, there's micro USB for charging and the lanyard holes.
Nitecore_MH25GTS_07.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_08.jpg

Inside the body there's a second inner tube to bring the signal of the electronic additional switch.
Nitecore_MH25GTS_04.jpg

Below the threads for the tailcap, on the body there's a second series of threads that are used to secure the metal cigar ring.
Nitecore_MH25GTS_05.jpg

In the hand
Nitecore_MH25GTS_11.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_09.jpg

The cordura sheath that comes with the light.
Nitecore_MH25GTS_12.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_13.jpg

Beamshots at 0.5 meters from the wall
Nitecore_MH25GTS_21.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_22.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_23.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_24.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_25.jpg

Nitecore_MH25GTS_26.jpg

Output and runtime
All measured with a Nitecore IMR 3500mAh battery.
Nitecore_MH25GTS_17.png

Nitecore_MH25GTS_18.png

Nitecore_MH25GTS_19.png

Nitecore_MH25GTS_20.png

Thermal video
https://youtu.be/M5Afb_BvBjU

My thoughts

The light is well built and finished.

The runtime and the regulation on the tested levels is good. the thermal regulation is there and works.

I like the UI with direct access to turbo and lowest level.

The only doubt I have on this light is the cover of the USB port, it doesn't stay in place very tightly.

I'd like to see this light come in a nw version.
Thanks to: AntoLed, Zampa

therock

Newly Enlightened
Nice review, would loved to have seen some disassembled pics, particularly interested if the battery contacts have springs on both ends?

Thanks

CONCEPT1

Newly Enlightened
Nice review, this is a very nice light.
Recently i received my P12GTS and i love it, the only thing im missing on the P12GTS is a strike bezel, that will be a very nice add-in.

I was considering to buy this light but i will not do it, because in a tactical situation where you need to grab your light fast and put it in on, you dont want accidently open the usb cover and the cover than protect the tailcap switch to turn on. I think to have the port there located is not a good idea, not for a tactical light! You need push to button and it needs to work in every situation, you dont want that charging rubber gets in the way. I think what should also be a next good light is a tactical nitecore light, with instant strobe and mode selection and strike bezel in a P10Gt package with charging and a XhP35 HI led.

bmengineer

Newly Enlightened
Nice review, this is a very nice light.
Recently i received my P12GTS and i love it, the only thing im missing on the P12GTS is a strike bezel, that will be a very nice add-in.

I was considering to buy this light but i will not do it, because in a tactical situation where you need to grab your light fast and put it in on, you dont want accidently open the usb cover and the cover than protect the tailcap switch to turn on. I think to have the port there located is not a good idea, not for a tactical light! You need push to button and it needs to work in every situation, you dont want that charging rubber gets in the way. I think what should also be a next good light is a tactical nitecore light, with instant strobe and mode selection and strike bezel in a P10Gt package with charging and a XhP35 HI led.
The tail cap from the P12GTS might be interchangeable with the one on the MH25GTS - I can check for you next week if you want.