Angryfox        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

Default Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

• Factory Link Here
    • 21700 battery Included
    • Rear forward switch TURBO on off only. Side switch operate independently. Press and hold for Moonlight, Double click for Turbo, Triple Click for Strobe. Genius!
    • 21700 Battery Included
    • Spec 1 has Factory Warranty
    • Perfect light. Cant find a flaw.

$140 Spec 1 Stock XHP35 HI 6500K , 1800 Lumen, 335Kcd, 1158m
    $158 Spec 2 XHP35 HI 5000K
    $158 Spec 3 XHP35 HI 4000K
    $158 Spec 3 XHP35 HI 3000K
    $158 Spec 4 XHP35 HD 6500K
    $158 Spec 5 XHP35 HD 4500K
    $250 Spec 6 DriverVNX2 Side Switch Only Oslon 6500K, 750 Lumen, 620Kcd, 1575m
    $235 Spec 7 DriverVN4 Rear Switch Only Oslon 6500K, 750 Lumen, 620Kcd, 1575m

I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

Beamshots!!!
    For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (Ephesians 5:8 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by djans1397 View Post
    Beamshots!!!
    Sure against what?

XHP35 HI VS Black?
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

How do you like it vs the T21 in two battery config?

This light is perfect stock, im going to order Oslon version its a really sick light trust me!!

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    How do you like it vs the T21 in two battery config?
    This would be better than T21vn Olson 650k in my opinion beacuse of the smaller footprint.

Well of course it isn't as long, but I'm wondering on the more subtle aspects of the two, like reflector quality, beam pattern, heat sinking, the ergonomics of the two battery handle on the T21 vs the single 21700 handle of the T27, etc.

I actually like a long plunger style light for a thrower, so I wouldn't mind having a T27 with 2x21700 handle.

Flashaholic*

Isn't the factory 2500 lumen?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullyson View Post
    I have a stock t27.. i measured 1900 lumen with the samsung 40t.

i am using texas ace lumen tube with the maukka calibrated light.

I think factories might be using the emitter lumens not the OTF lumens. Also seems like the lumen standards the flashlight industry has been using is 20% higher than ANSI lumens. Newlumen's numbers should be correct

Flashaholic*

I was under the assumption Acebeam's numbers were accurate. I guess not lol.

I have stock version it is very impressive for stock light, and im not a rookie, im a veteran flashaholic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luxxlightsaber View Post
    I have stock version it is very impressive for stock light, and im not a rookie, im a veteran flashaholic!!!!
    Could you please advise about the tint, from your eyes is it really 6500K or less.
    I watch some youtube review , it looks like 5500K-6000K to me. Thank you.

Enlightened

Vinh--got mine this am from USPS. OUTSTANDING! Flawless packaging (thank you) and performance at least what I could test during the day lol. Cannot wait for dark!

Quote Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
    Vinh--got mine this am from USPS. OUTSTANDING! Flawless packaging (thank you) and performance at least what I could test during the day lol. Cannot wait for dark!
    how do you like it at night?
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Acebeam lumen ratings are generally 15-25% higher than Maukka's ANSI calibrated sphere. Although with exceptions that the Acebeam H15 was actually rated a bit lower than ANSI. It's strange how even reputable manufacturers rate their lights so inconsistently. For example, Sofirn rates the C8F 18650 at 2,580 lumens but actually makes close to 3,200 ANSI lumens. Sofirn rates the C8F 21700 at 3,500 lumens but makes about 2,900 lumens. Olight is generally more accurate with their lumen ratings. The Olight H2R measures a slight bit higher than rated output but I think I recall there were some I measured lower. I heard Fenix are almost spot on but I don't have one to test.

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    Acebeam lumen ratings are generally 15-25% higher than Maukka's ANSI calibrated sphere. Although with exceptions that the Acebeam H15 was actually rated a bit lower than ANSI. It's strange how even reputable manufacturers rate their lights so inconsistently. For example, Sofirn rates the C8F 18650 at 2,580 lumens but actually makes close to 3,200 ANSI lumens. Sofirn rates the C8F 21700 at 3,500 lumens but makes about 2,900 lumens. Olight is generally more accurate with their lumen ratings. The Olight H2R measures a slight bit higher than rated output but I think I recall there were some I measured lower. I heard Fenix are almost spot on but I don't have one to test.
    My experience are the same. Numbers are even inconsistent from the same model light. I once measured a light too low. Sent the factory the picture. He then sent another picture of the same light on his "Pro Sphere" and the numbers were as advertised. Other times I measured a different model number from the same brand just like factory claimed. So...Who knows really. I think a specific sphere calibrated or not can still have the potential to read specific type of light beam and tint a little lower or higher.

I just measured a claimed 3.5Mcd aspheric light at 2.85Mcd (Turn On). However I measured at 7.5m while the builder measured at 20m. There will always be variables so I guess always take it for it is. Most important thing is how the light performs to the eyes. A nice beam with the right tint usually impresses more than numbers for me.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

You were the one that bought that 3.5m aspheric + wavien collar Gigathrower on BLF?
    No but a close local friend did ;-)

I think even measuring the thing at 20 meters is a disservice. Agree

A light that tightly focused won't even fully collimate until way further out than that I feel. I think so too.
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 12-29-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    You were the one that bought that 3.5m aspheric + wavien collar Gigathrower on BLF?
    No but a close local friend did ;-)

I think even measuring the thing at 20 meters is a disservice. Agree

A light that tightly focused won't even fully collimate until way further out than that I feel. I think so too.
    is this omg lumens newest light ?

I think it was like $750-$800 light.. he is a cpf member.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    how do you like it at night?
    We used it two different weekends and it is brutal! The tint really helps not to overload the optic nerve lol. It is so powerful that and this is the case with all lights but with this monster on high, humidity is Very evident lol. Great for lighting up the larger Open areas!!!

I just measured a claimed 3.5Mcd aspheric light at 2.85Mcd (Turn On). However I measured at 7.5m while the builder measured at 20m. There will always be variables so I guess always take it for it is. Most important thing is how the light performs to the eyes. A nice beam with the right tint usually impresses more than numbers for me.
    Back when I was playing with HID's all the time, the calculated numbers were always 8-12% higher at 50m than they were at 10-20m. Reflectors over 4-5" calculated higher at 75-100m. You wouldn't think that would be possible considering atmospheric loss but it seemed to be the case most of the time. It was more work to set up binoculars and walk to and from light meters but I felt it was worth it, to get the most accurate number possible.

To Vinh or anyone who knows, does the T27vn get an output boost (over stock) when ordered with LED swap or is the output only increased with driver replacement and charging port deletion? I guess I'm just wondering what performance enhancements are available without losing the charging port. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    To Vinh or anyone who knows, does the T27vn get an output boost (over stock) when ordered with LED swap or is the output only increased with driver replacement and charging port deletion? I guess I'm just wondering what performance enhancements are available without losing the charging port. Thanks.
    No output increase.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

No output increase.
    Got it, thanks Vinh.

This light is fantastic. Just received a oslon black version and itís a killer. The w2 version would be nice to see with the much higher lumens. It feels quite small in the hand also. Ergo is great.

Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    This light is fantastic. Just received a oslon black version and itís a killer. The w2 version would be nice to see with the much higher lumens. It feels quite small in the hand also. Ergo is great.
    For my long distance night hikes, I recently switched out my V6vn for a stock T27. I wanted it to use the same cell that was in my H30 and I wanted a little extra throw. The throw from the T27 far exceeded the "little extra" that I had been wishing for and I'm no longer struggling to identify animals and objects at the typical distances I may need to reach out and see. I kind of want/need the USB-C port to work for the overnight trips though, so I guess my T27 will be staying stock. I think it's probably the lightest option that gets me to throw and output I want and the tail switch to instant turbo, is fantastic! Recently, my friend and I watched a mountain lion from about 60 yards away, as I lit it up with the T27. At that range the big cat looked like a glowing orb, with two eyes in the middle. Only my 4th time seeing one in the wilderness!

Night hikes are a lot of fun. Only chance i get to do them is while on a camping trip. Your hikes sounds like serious stuff. Must have a eerie feeling out there....mountain lions at only 60 yards! Must be quite an adrenaline rush.

Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    Night hikes are a lot of fun. Only chance i get to do them is while on a camping trip. Your hikes sounds like serious stuff. Must have a eerie feeling out there....mountain lions at only 60 yards! Must be quite an adrenaline rush.
    It is eerie out their when I'm by myself but I enjoy the exercise of managing my mental state and the thought discipline required for different situations and staying safe. When I'm with a buddy, it's just more fun and the eerie-ness goes away. We're both using an array of good lights to see wildlife, navigate trails and find water, (you top off when you can). The night we saw the Mtn lion, we also saw two kinds of rattlesnakes, mule deer, horned owls, coyotes, a tarantula, scorpions and dozens of nighthawks/nightjars that you could walk right up on, as they would land on the trail and practically let you reach out and touch them. With their eyes reflecting back, you could see them a long distance away where the trail was straight... along with the wolf spiders, sometimes seeing their eye shine from 50-75 yards away, gleaming like little diamonds, just crazy.

I hope that you get a chance to go camping and night hiking soon!
    Last edited by Patriot; 06-30-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Thatís just awesome! Nature and wild life along with flashlights...canít get no better haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast