Maxtorch        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 54 of 54

Thread: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

  1. #31

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    From now on I will be getting my Acebeams at retail prices. Likely Amazon or Ebay. My future prices will be higher accordingly. All my Acebeam lights will have serial removed.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  2. #32

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    T27vn70.2 is now an option. Great focus with no artifacts.

    Spec 8 Stock UI XHP70.2 6500K, 3200L, 95Kcd, 616m
    Spec 9 Stock UI XHP70.2 5000K, 2700L, 80KCd, 566m
    Spec 10 Sotck UI XHP70.2 4000K, 2500L, 75Kcd, 548m

    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 08-14-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  3. #33

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Nice to see this as an option for a excellent host, but Iím surprised with the low lumens. Its a boost driver. Can only do so much.

    A 50.2 maybe a better option? Would be a trade off of lumen for throw as expected.

    i have 50.2 lights that do 3500+ lumens on a single 26650. Which one?

    I think you should try a 50.2 if possible... it should do close to 200 kcd and 3000 lumens.
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 08-14-2019 at 04:17 PM.

  4. #34
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    10,637

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    T27vn70.2 is now an option. Great focus with no artifacts.

    Spec 8 Stock UI XHP70.2 6500K, 3200L, 95Kcd, 616m
    Spec 9 Stock UI XHP70.2 5000K, 2700L, 80KCd, 566m
    Spec 10 Sotck UI XHP70.2 4000K, 2500L, 75Kcd, 548m
    This option will be a tough one considering the smaller head, multi-emmiters like the D18vn, C2vn, D4Svn W2, and even the XHP50.2 TC500vn because it's such a bargain. Most of the lights mentioned are a different cell formula of course but when it comes to size and versatility, the multi-emmiters give similar or better throw and a lot more lumens. I guess the T27vn70.2 would run cooler and run longer, so a plus there.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    This option will be a tough one considering the smaller head, multi-emmiters like the D18vn, C2vn, D4Svn W2, and even the XHP50.2 TC500vn because it's such a bargain. Most of the lights mentioned are a different cell formula of course but when it comes to size and versatility, the multi-emmiters give similar or better throw and a lot more lumens. Alot more heat as well LOL
    I guess the T27vn70.2 would run cooler and run longer, so a plus there. All the lights you mentioned arent tactical lights so there is another different there. None of those would work on a rifle. Every light is different and fits perfectly for specific reasons and that's the beauty of it. Everything is a trade of of one thing or another. However all the lights you mentioned are amazing hahaha.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  6. #36
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    10,637

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Great point about it being a true 'tactical' platform. Sometimes 335Kcd isn't necessary however, the lumens might be.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Great point about it being a true 'tactical' platform. Sometimes 335Kcd isn't necessary however, the lumens might be.
    Yeah my tactical guys love large hot spot for interior clearing.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  8. #38

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    Nice to see this as an option for a excellent host, but Iím surprised with the low lumens. Its a boost driver. Can only do so much.

    A 50.2 maybe a better option? Would be a trade off of lumen for throw as expected.

    i have 50.2 lights that do 3500+ lumens on a single 26650. Which one?

    I think you should try a 50.2 if possible... it should do close to 200 kcd and 3000 lumens.
    The astrolux ft03 xhp50.2 version. The ft03 is essentially your mateminco mt35vn mini. Same light but diff emitter.
    The ft03 does about 4300 lumens and 150kcd with a single 26650

  9. #39
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    10,637

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    The astrolux ft03 xhp50.2 version. The ft03 is essentially your mateminco mt35vn mini. Same light but diff emitter.
    The ft03 does about 4300 lumens and 150kcd with a single 26650
    XHP50.2 are being driven to 4300L now? I must be living under a rock.

  10. #40

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    XHP50.2 are being driven to 4300L now? I must be living under a rock.
    4300L & 150Kcd are factory claimed.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  11. #41
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    10,637

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    4300L & 150Kcd are factory claimed.
    Some reviewers here.

    In one of those videos in particular, I'm skeptical of the way he calculated his lux readings at distance.

    As a reference Vinh, what is the highest output you've experience from a XHP50.2?

  12. #42

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Emitter vs turn-on vs ANSI, plus calibration of measuring devices all mean we're often seeing wildy varying numbers, but I agree, I don't think 50.2's are putting those numbers out the front, at least not sustained. That's upper 70.2 territory, isn't it?

  13. #43

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Some reviewers here.

    In one of those videos in particular, I'm skeptical of the way he calculated his lux readings at distance.

    As a reference Vinh, what is the highest output you've experience from a XHP50.2? IIRC may be 3800-4000 & Turn On
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  14. #44

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDissent View Post
    Emitter vs turn-on vs ANSI, plus calibration of measuring devices all mean we're often seeing wildy varying numbers, but I agree, I don't think 50.2's are putting those numbers out the front, at least not sustained. That's upper 70.2 territory, isn't it?
    70.2 can hit up to 6000-7000 lumen ;-)
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  15. #45

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    70.2 can hit up to 6000-7000 lumen ;-)
    Wow. I guess that puts the MS18 right there in the 100K lumen range if they can get 6K out of each of its 70.2's.

  16. #46

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    The bar has been raised for single cell reflector thrower!

    T21vn Oslon Black 735L, 615Kcd
    T27vn W1.1 750L, 650Kcd



    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  17. #47
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    10,637

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    The bar has been raised for single cell reflector thrower!

    T21vn Oslon Black 735L, 615Kcd
    T27vn W1.1 750L, 650Kcd


    Essentially picking up 75Kcd over the W2. Not bad! Nice to see the old champion Oslon dethroned!

  18. #48

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Have you tried the W1.1 with a 6amp linear driver from led4power, Vinh? It should be able to drive the W1.1 to more than 750 lumens. That LED is capable of 1000 lumens (of course there is loss from reflector and less than ideal heat sinking).

  19. #49

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Have you tried the W1.1 with a 6amp linear driver from led4power, Vinh? It should be able to drive the W1.1 to more than 750 lumens. That LED is capable of 1000 lumens (of course there is loss from reflector and less than ideal heat sinking).
    I actually have to limit cureent to the LED to protect it. But May be I should push a little hard to see if it can handle it.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  20. #50

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I actually have to limit cureent to the LED to protect it. But May be I should push a little hard to see if it can handle it.
    Also 1000L is likely LED lumen only. Even W2 only does around 1000L max.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  21. #51
    Flashaholic FILA BRAZILIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    When comparing the beams produced by W1.1 and W2, are they nearly identical? (I think you described the W2 beam as perfect)
    FILA BRAZILIA

  22. #52

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by FILA BRAZILIA View Post
    When comparing the beams produced by W1.1 and W2, are they nearly identical? (I think you described the W2 beam as perfect)
    W2 is is Perfect. W1.1 is great but not Perfect. Hard to describe but pictures won't show anything. Either way the beams of both LEDs are great in this light. Also your screen name looks familiar and I havnt seen u post for awhile.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  23. #53
    Flashaholic FILA BRAZILIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    If I intend to use a thrower light a lot on Turbo, will it be a problem with the T27vn? (Overheat issues) Maybe the TN42vn with W2 is a better idea? Been a while since my last activity, you remember well. :-)
    FILA BRAZILIA

  24. #54

    Default Re: Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

    Quote Originally Posted by FILA BRAZILIA View Post
    If I intend to use a thrower light a lot on Turbo, will it be a problem with the T27vn? (Overheat issues) Maybe the TN42vn with W2 is a better idea? Been a while since my last activity, you remember well. :-)
    T27vn and w2 has little heat issues. I have not ran until too hot too hold but I am sure it would take a long time.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •