TK75 2018 edition, wait till UE or 2019 edition?

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
I have the 2,900 lumen model of the Fenix TK75. Funny part (not so funny) was that about a month after I got it in the mail, they came out with the 4,000 lumen version. I love the throw and runtimes on the 2018 5,100 lumen compared to my old school TK75 with only emitting 2,900 lumens. So any how let me get to my point on this thread. Since it's almost end of November I'm assuming sometime in the next few months they may come or with a 2018 UE edition or a 2019 edition which I'm guessing maybe able to push 7,000+ lumens? Not sure as I'm no pro at this stuff. Buy the TK75 2018 edition or wait maybe a few months till the newest version comes out. Anybody have any idea of the release of a new one? If it's mid 2019 I'll end up getting the 5,100 lumen 2018 edition. Thanks for any ideas. -blglov

scout24

Flashaholic
Keep and enjoy using what you have. 2900 lumens from a light the size of a Surefire M6 was sorcery not too long ago. Chasing lumens is a never ending uphill journey... 😁

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
I agree it is a lumen chase these days, i was planning on getting the x7 marauder. seems every year they could make the flashlight so much better, but keep some of the old features with maybe some of the same problems. Just increase and change a couple things. I'll wait then and enjoy it for now. getting that x7 for Christmas anyways. Might as well wait maybe till they come out with the newer TK75 once it pushes 12,000lumens maybe with some XHP-70's in it,
not sure what they can do with the lights these days. I just know that the run time is ridiculously short compared to the new TK75

scout24

Flashaholic
Seery- I agree and am as guilty as anyone! Biglov- If you can't wait, see SkyLumens for a modded TK75. Vinh does awesome work... :D lovecpf

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
I'll look into Vinh, I know he makes BA mods for the lights. Just don't know how much more expensive it would be than the 5,100 lumen TK and if it would be worth getting him to mod one or wait till a new "upgraded" tk 75 comes out like I was saying maybe a 2018 UE or 2019 edition or something along those lines.

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
I think I'm going to wait.. I've got the olight x7 on lock for Christmas as a present from the coolest granny ever lol. Fenix usually releases their new catalog in the beginning of the year right? With the lights releasing a couple months later? Is that usually how it works? I can wait a several months if I have too just don't want it to be like July 2019 to be able to get it. Anybody have any ideas on what will be upgraded and maybe which LEDs their going to possibly put in. - blglov